How do you like your steak
I was eating a marvelous steak in Texas once, when a Veterinary surgeon walked by and said “If you give me few minutes, I can save that animal.”

Raw.

Never mind fire – God gave us canine teeth for a reason.
(09-03-2012, 09:00 PM)DrBombay Wrote: What are you people a bunch of neanderthals?  The discovery of fire is generally viewed as one of the benchmarks on our way to a civilized society. 

But go ahead, hide in a dark cave and gnaw on a hunk of bloody meat.  And stab someone with a wooly mammoth tusk if they get too close to your precious...yesssssss.

And you're suggesting this wouldn't be a pretty awesome way to live?

:P
When I was a teenager I used to love steak as rare as possible.  Blue on the inside and pink on the outside, if I remember right.  But then I noticed it does have a lot more flavor when it's medium rare.
I think the official term for it is Pittsburgh..... charred outside... raw inside... mmmmmmmm...... basted in garlic butter......  and  I call dibs on sopping up the meat juice/blood with crusty french bread from the cutting board
Medium rare, and lately i like a blue cheese crust. It goes so good with steak!
(09-01-2012, 12:20 AM)Walty Wrote: Medium Rare.  There is no other way to eat it.

True!
(09-03-2012, 09:46 PM)paul11b Wrote: Medium rare, and lately i like a blue cheese crust. It goes so good with steak!

A horseradish crust is also delightful, especially with a filet.
Just like this:

[Image: 200907116502cocknbullme.jpg]
(09-03-2012, 10:11 PM)HuskerTom Wrote: Just like this:

[Image: 200907116502cocknbullme.jpg]

Well done.  :afraidsmiley: