How do you like your steak
Medium rare, every time.
Depending on the cut, blue rare or rare.  Blue rare is seared on the outside, completely red on the inside.
Depends on the kind, my fav is filet med rare with red wine redux sauce, carne asada well done. My husband only eats really well done which explained why, until recently, I didn't like prime rib.... I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Then I tried it cooked right, pretty rare and it was better than filet!
Very Rare to Rare (which is also how often I have it)
Well-done--very well-done, like a few minutes away from shoe leather. I like a bit of char, too--brings out the flavor. I always tell everyone to not be afraid to burn mine.

I can't stand rare meat. Medium rare (nearer to well-done) is alright, but that's it. Rare meat makes me nauseous, and I have bad memories associated with rare meat and whiskey not getting along on one fateful eve.
(10-09-2012, 09:15 PM)Antonius Josephus Wrote: Well-done--very well-done, like a few minutes away from shoe leather. I like a bit of char, too--brings out the flavor. I always tell everyone to not be afraid to burn mine.

Cooking it beyond medium, is like killing the poor cow, twice!
(11-08-2012, 04:16 PM)Texican Wrote:
(10-09-2012, 09:15 PM)Antonius Josephus Wrote: Well-done--very well-done, like a few minutes away from shoe leather. I like a bit of char, too--brings out the flavor. I always tell everyone to not be afraid to burn mine.

Cooking it beyond medium, is like killing the poor cow, twice!

You have to kill them twice, just to make sure they're dead.  No one wants a zombie cow.
Zombie cows are easy to keep over the winter--there's no need to keep any hay around.
Not today. Thank you.
Oh, and I just had a nice steak last night; medium, with some crumbled Stilton cheese on top, and a baked potato on the side.

Wonder what's for supper tonight?  I'm tired of restaurants, and my hotel room doesn't have a kitchen...