Vietnamese forced to remove Catholic images
I read this today in Our Sunday Visitor. A sad, sad thing.

Government authorities from a district in Vietnam's Central Highlands forced ethnic villagers to remove Catholic pictures and items from their chapel, and authorities replaced them with images of the late communist leader Ho Chi Minh. The Asian Church news agency UCA News reported that a Church source said government authorities from Kon Thuc hamlet, led by district security officials, visited the Catholics August 12, 2012 after Mass and asked them to remove a cross and Marian image from the chapel. On August 13, authorities dismantled the bell of the chapel after local Catholics refused to do it.
:pray:
It's bad enough they removed the images, but to replace them with pictures of a communist makes me ill.

:pray2:
:pray2: :pray: :pray2:
I don't want to speak for these people and what they were going through, but refusing to remove the sacred images could have been a perfect opportunity for martyrdom.

"If you deny me before men, I will deny you before my Father in heaven."
The Reds still hate the Church. Not surprised.
Disgusting. :pray:
Remember the Pope Paul VI who declined to receive the catholic president of the South Vietnam Republic and almost in the same time welcomed a delegation of the communist Vietcong, the same men who are persecuting our catholic brothers right now.
A few weeks ago a lot of catholics were tortured and jailed while a priest was beaten to death.
Paolo Sesto beato?  I hope never he will be.
Scary news for me as I will be moving to Vietnam to teach English as a Foreign Language. I will be in Hanoi.
(09-02-2012, 01:52 PM)damooster Wrote: Scary news for me as I will be moving to Vietnam to teach English as a Foreign Language. I will be in Hanoi.

damooster,
you'll be in our prayers.

For the Vietnamese,
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Thank you SCG, for the reminder.