Why did the Kennedys become bad Catholics?
(09-04-2012, 02:51 PM)Lee Timmer Wrote:
(09-04-2012, 01:21 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: Being in Texas I dare say that our news coverage was more detailed, local than the rest of the country's was, lots of local interviews with people who were there. Most mentioned the grassy knoll and shots from there. They all couldnt have been mistaken, something happened there. Dont forget Oswald also killed a local cop. And they sealed the archives for 75 or was it 100 years. Why? Because the counrty would be in an uproar if they knew the truth? But in 75 years anyone around from that time would be too old to do anything, and the people 75 years down the road wouldnt care that much? And the Warren commission; most didnt believe it then. Those alive when it happened will never know the real truth, thats the way they want it.

The first witness interviewed on WFAA-TV, Bill Newman, whom you might remember as the father who shielded his two sons on the grassy knoll along with his wife, stated twice that the shots came from the “hill,” as he called it. Additionally, the motorcycle policeman who rode to the right-rear of the limo immediately parked his bike and ran up the hill toward where he believed the shots came from, followed by nearly 200 people, despite being ordered to proceed to the hospital. I’ll always believe Oswald was guilty – but not as a lone assassin.

My feelings also, hence the sealed archives?
(09-04-2012, 01:21 PM)In nomine Patris Wrote: There is probably something in the family passed down from generation to generation that needs to be cleansed before they become decent catholics.

Well, now that none of them holds elected office any longer, maybe that has occurred.  Being wedded to power the way they were is enough to turn many into bad Catholics.
Bobby wasn't a bad catholic but an exemplary one.. that's why the revolutionaryjews couldn't stand his existence.
(09-04-2012, 07:55 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: ...that's why the revolutionaryjews couldn't stand his existence.

And that is why a pro Palestinian Arab shot him after Senator Kennedy pledged to support the supplying of 50 jet fighters to Israel  ???
Bobby was very much pro-israel. He supported an end to the British Mandate and actually worked there as a journalist for the Boston Post.
Come on fellas, you're losing your heads!  I wouldn't direct any living actor in Shakespeare like this.

This thread was to discuss the Kennedy's Catholicism, not why the Jews/Cubans/Mafia/Secret Service/CIA/UFOs killed them.

Oh, and to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that LBJ was an SOB.  :bronxcheer:
(09-04-2012, 09:05 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Come on fellas, you're losing your heads!  I wouldn't direct any living actor in Shakespeare like this.

This thread was to discuss the Kennedy's Catholicism, not why the Jews/Cubans/Mafia/Secret Service/CIA/UFOs killed them.

Oh, and to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that LBJ was an SOB.   :bronxcheer:

I've always called him Lying Bastard Johnson.
I think they got bad spiritual direction.
(09-05-2012, 12:14 AM)Poche Wrote: I think they got bad spiritual direction.

that was also what I read. Didn't the have Jesuits for spiritual directors?  And when Mrs. Kennedy married again was she married inside the Catholic Church or in a Greek Orthodox Church?
(09-05-2012, 05:42 AM)Filipino Catholic Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 12:14 AM)Poche Wrote: I think they got bad spiritual direction.

that was also what I read. Didn't the have Jesuits for spiritual directors?  And when Mrs. Kennedy married again was she married inside the Catholic Church or in a Greek Orthodox Church?

Jacqueline Kennedy married Aristotle Onassis in a Greek Orthodox ceremony in 1968.  As Mr. Onassis was divorced (his first wife divorced him in 1960 because of his alleged martial infidelety with the opera diva Maria Callas) they could not have a wedding in the Catholic Church.  Mr. Onassis died in 1975.