Traditional mass at St marys by sea in huntington beach,ca?
(09-26-2012, 05:27 AM)PapaPiusDecimus Wrote: Scriptorium, I have read into Bishop Mar Thomas. His background is sketchy to say the least. Why does Father Perez have a relationship with him? There "church" denies a lot of basic Catholic doctrine.

Go back and do your homework. You've got the wrong guy! You're the second person to do this. Just because someone has a similar name does not mean they're the same person.

Right guy! >>>

http://catholicate.net/The_Holy_Synod_fa...homas.html
http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/bishop/bkonn.html
http://www.bathery.org/about-the-diocese...archy.html
(09-03-2012, 03:02 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(09-02-2012, 04:26 PM)lostangel Wrote: Hi does anyone go to the 12pm at st marys in hutington beach?

Our Lady of the Angels
1100 West Duarte Road
Arcadia, CA 91007

Nowhere near Huntington Beach.
Thanks Scriptorium! I'm sorry for the mix up  Crazy!
Didn't realize so many so cal peeps r on FE...... I guess so cal is better than I thought. Now who wants to caravan to St. Terese in Alhambra?
I went to mass there about a month ago.  It seems the priest name was Fr. Tran.  They used to have a beautiful Trad Mass there when Fr. Johnson was a life.  It used to be standing room only and you had to get there early.  Now there is always parking and everyone is still in flip flops and shorts.  I go to Our Lady Help of Christians in Garden Grove.  Even though Saint Mary's and St. John The Baptiste are much closer. 
(09-26-2012, 01:29 PM)piabee Wrote:
(09-03-2012, 03:02 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote:
(09-02-2012, 04:26 PM)lostangel Wrote: Hi does anyone go to the 12pm at st marys in hutington beach?

Our Lady of the Angels
1100 West Duarte Road
Arcadia, CA 91007

Nowhere near Huntington Beach.

Less than an hour on a Sunday.  Near is relative.  Smile
(09-04-2012, 01:15 PM)Scriptorium Wrote:
(09-04-2012, 10:56 AM)onosurf Wrote: Haven't been in a while.  When I last went, it was done by a Norbertine (young, very young), and was well done.  I now go to OLHC in Garden Grove and they are rock solid.  For a real treat, you should go to St. Therese in Alhambra.  Their sung High Mass at 1PM is incredibly beautiful.  There is nothing else like it in SoCal.   I can't imagine it being done any better as it is done so well and the music stirs your soul.  Also, that church is very beautiful as well -- one of my favorites.  Fr. Bishop does confession before Mass as well.  I recommend it very highly.

Fr Bishop and his beautiful sung Masses are what helped me come back to the Faith. He's ruined me for any other sung Masses. God bless him!!!
Fr. Bishop just said his last mass last month, but he found a replacement: a Norbertine who grew up one parish over in San Gabriel, whom the good father knew as a boy. He gave a wonderful farewell sermon. His successor sings the mass with a monastic lilt....As for confession, as of 2019, the Discalced Carmelites take turns before mass to hear them, and the lines are long.