Youth Day Mass at Hawaiian Water Park
Video promoting event found here:

From the link:

"Diocese of Honolulu - Diocesan Youth Day 2012

Blessed Pope John Paul II believed that young people were not just the Church of tomorrow, but the Church of today. To better equip them for their witness to Jesus, all youth are invited to celebrate the gift of their Catholic faith at Diocesan Youth Day on Saturday, September 1, 2012 at Wet ‘n’ Wild Hawaii in Kapolei, Oahu beginning at 9:00 a.m. This year’s theme is ‘Rejoice in the Lord always’ (Phil 4:4). It invites our young people to reflect on the presence of God in their daily lives and renew their faith so that they can share it with others. Even when we are not aware of it, God is present, embracing us with His love, filling us with joy; giving us reason to REJOICE. The theme is fitting as we are preparing to celebrate the Year of Faith.

“Joy is at the heart of the Christian experience. At each World Youth Day we experience immense joy, the joy of communion, the joy of being Christian, the joy of faith. This is one of the marks of these gatherings. We can see the great attraction that joy exercises. In a world of sorrow and anxiety, joy is an important witness to the beauty and reliability of the Christian faith.” (Pope Benedict XVI on the 27th World Youth Day, 2012)
The Road Map planning process unveiled for us the importance of youth and young adult ministry in our parishes, and in our diocese. Diocesan Youth Day is one way for our young people to gather in faith, express their joy, be inspired by God’s word, and live it out.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry at 808-203-6763 or email: hawaiicathyyam@rcchawaii.org.
God bless you and we can’t wait to see you at Diocesan Youth Day 2012!"

Water park link: http://hawaii.mywetnwild.com/
Let's have some priests hang out with teenagers in swim wear.  Brilliant.  The concept of "scandal" seems to be totally foreign to most people nowadays.

Is Honolulu a suffragan see of Los Angeles?  Just curious.
In Honolulu they issued the "ex-communications" to the Catholics that attended the SSPX chapel.
Ex-communications that were null and void to begin with.
(09-03-2012, 12:28 AM)DrBombay Wrote: Is Honolulu a suffragan see of Los Angeles?  Just curious.

SF I think.
(09-03-2012, 12:28 AM)DrBombay Wrote: Let's have some priests hang out with teenagers in swim wear.  Brilliant.  The concept of "scandal" seems to be totally foreign to most people nowadays.

LOL.

I hate movie trailer ads for anything that's not a movie, or something similar (a video game, a public performance, etc.). Of course, "public performance" sums up the Novus Ordo quite well.

That being said, all dioceses ought to have big events for young people. I'd probably show up to them all the time if my diocese had them (only to complain that I have nothing in common with any of the attendees, naturally).
(09-03-2012, 01:09 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(09-03-2012, 12:28 AM)DrBombay Wrote: Let's have some priests hang out with teenagers in swim wear.  Brilliant.  The concept of "scandal" seems to be totally foreign to most people nowadays.

LOL.

I hate movie trailer ads for anything that's not a movie, or something similar (a video game, a public performance, etc.). Of course, "public performance" sums up the Novus Ordo quite well.

That being said, all dioceses ought to have big events for young people. I'd probably show up to them all the time if my diocese had them (only to complain that I have nothing in common with any of the attendees, naturally).

"Events" is one thing.  Cavorting with bare chested boys and bikini-clad girls is another thing entirely.  It's not that any of the priests involved would likely do anything improper, it's simply given what the Church has been through the past decade you'd think most dioceses might want to schedule youth events that don't involve shedding clothing.  It just looks bad and scandalizes people, not to mention gives low brows the opportunity to crack all kinds of tasteless jokes.
(09-03-2012, 01:48 AM)DrBombay Wrote: "Events" is one thing.  Cavorting with bare chested boys and bikini-clad girls is another thing entirely.  It's not that any of the priests involved would likely do anything improper, it's simply given what the Church has been through the past decade you'd think most dioceses might want to schedule youth events that don't involve shedding clothing.  It just looks bad and scandalizes people, not to mention gives low brows the opportunity to crack all kinds of tasteless jokes.

I agree. I was just saying that I like the idea of World Youth Day and its local variants. They're almost always executed horribly..... but the idea is good. I feel like young people in trad-land, by comparison, are non-entities because their generation is perceived to be the source of everything wrong with society.
What's the big deal?  Only perverts would think it's a big deal for the Church to get a bunch of kids together in bikinis and swimwear.  And how do you want the kids to learn about Jesus?  Some boring rube at a chalkboard?

Jesus was dynamic and it's important that we make him dynamic for our kids.
(09-03-2012, 12:32 AM)GottmitunsAlex Wrote: In Honolulu they issued the "ex-communications" to the Catholics that attended the SSPX chapel.
Ex-communications that were null and void to begin with.

From these apostates that must be better than a plenary indulgence in the eyes of the Great Judge.

I wonder if anyone will be baptised on the lazy river?

I imagine the priests will avoid going in The Black Hole to avoid any whiff of scandal.

You couldn't make it up. 
Why would you want to go to a water park in Hawaii anyway.  You have just about the greatest waves and nicest beaches in the entire world and you pay money to get into a water park?

Crazy.

Wet and Wild Iceland I can understand, and Laz Vegas, but Hawaii?