Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary (renewal)
So there's a bit of a bump.  Tomorrow I should be beginning preparation to renew my consecration.  Bit of trouble though.  I consecrated my self on the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary last year, 7th of October, but this year the 7th falls on a Sunday and to my knowledge the Feast isn't transferred is it?  What do I do?
Sorry, I don't have any idea about your question, but I have some of my own.  I recently bought a book called Consecration to Mary by Fr. Helmuts Libietis which is a guide to five weeks of preparation to Consecration.  Is this what you are doing?  Is renewing it the same as doing it for the first time?
My calendar from the Transalpine Redemptorists shows OLOR is commemorated on that Sunday.  It is a II class feast.  You could aim for the Motherhood of Mary on Oct 11 as an alternative.
(09-03-2012, 04:47 PM)JayneK Wrote: Sorry, I don't have any idea about your question, but I have some of my own.  I recently bought a book called Consecration to Mary by Fr. Helmuts Libietis which is a guide to five weeks of preparation to Consecration.  Is this what you are doing?  Is renewing it the same as doing it for the first time?

Jayne - That's a great book.  My SSPX Pastor gave me his copy and I used it for my Consecration on the Feast of the Assumption in 2011.  I renewed my Consecration this year and re-read the book before doing it.  My prayers for you and your Consecration.
(09-04-2012, 11:21 AM)MarkA Wrote:
(09-03-2012, 04:47 PM)JayneK Wrote: Sorry, I don't have any idea about your question, but I have some of my own.  I recently bought a book called Consecration to Mary by Fr. Helmuts Libietis which is a guide to five weeks of preparation to Consecration.  Is this what you are doing?  Is renewing it the same as doing it for the first time?

Jayne - That's a great book.  My SSPX Pastor gave me his copy and I used it for my Consecration on the Feast of the Assumption in 2011.  I renewed my Consecration this year and re-read the book before doing it.  My prayers for you and your Consecration.

Thanks for the info and prayers.

I've never heard of that specific book but there are many floating about out there.  The on I was given by the Archconfraternity of Mary, Queen of All Hearts, was a four weeks preparation period for example (it cut off a week!).  But yes it seems to be the same thing.  I highly recommend reading the True Devotion before making the Consecration though.  Or at the very least read this first.  And yes renewing is the same as your first time with the only difference being, in my case, that I wont need to be re-enrolled in the confraternity.  :LOL:

Renewing is meant to be done on the date of your original consecration.  Hence my query about what to do when your chosen Feast disappears!  I highly recommend 1st Class Feasts for it! :P

(09-03-2012, 05:00 PM)Landelinus Wrote: My calendar from the Transalpine Redemptorists shows OLOR is commemorated on that Sunday.  It is a II class feast.   You could aim for the Motherhood of Mary on Oct 11 as an alternative.

D'oh!  It's because I looked at a Benedictine Ordo.  Well I suppose it should be well since Our Lady of the Rosary is still commemorated on the Sunday.  I may contact the Montfort Fathers to double-check though.
(09-04-2012, 11:23 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(09-04-2012, 11:21 AM)MarkA Wrote:

Thanks for the info and prayers.

Thanks for helping me last November.  Have a blessed Consecration.