We might have reached the bottom, we are plumbing the depths of depravity
One of my hobbies is to read the comments on news stories.  I'm interested in constantly taking the temperature of society's morals and tracking the rate of descent into Hell.

The interesting thing about internet comments is that people can vote them up and down so in the case of a popular news stories read by several hundred thousand people up and down the country you get several thousand votes.  I only did statistical analysis to the first year of my University degree course, but, I believe with a sample size that large you can discount errors and those numbers accurately reflect public opinion.

This is the first article I've ever seen where all the comments on the side of morality were voted down and all the comments for immorality were voted up.  Now it is possible of course than the LGBT union has got together en-masse and skewed the results, they would have to act quickly mind you because it is a day old and it is hard to see how they would outvote the thousands of unbiased readers.  If these attitudes reflect society then we're approaching the bottom.  Hard to see how very much lower is possible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...t-her.html
Your comments, in the TV thread I think, about BBC programming are connected to your observation.  People have been systematically indoctrinated on these issues for years now, so this result is not really very surprising.  Very disturbing, but not surprising.
It is a sad, terrible sign of the times.  Even though most people are not homosexual, the pressure and influence that the Homosexual networks have put on the masses is taking its toll.  All people have to be is indifferent for them to have seem to have "won."  I think they are pretty much there, even though there will always be those like that are on here that see that this is all lies and coming from the devil.

Joe
Here, even on Fox Business channel, it is always said the new next generation has no problem with those issues unlike their parent's generation, and it will come to pass with their coming to power. So, America is maybe some short years behind because that younger generation nearly en masse voted for O, and he jumped on the gay marriage hobby horse to ensure their not bolting from the corral. Depraved indeed.

Not that it really matters but aren't  the readers of the Daily Mail mostly left leanng Labour types?

tim
I watched the movie Sodom and Gomorrah on iPlayer the other day which was a typical Hollywood 1950s hokey bible epic type thing.  It was pretty entertaining compared to the rest and well cast.  It's funny too not least because they kept referring to the people of the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah as the Sodomites.

This made for some funny accidental lines, such as "Look out the Sodomites are behind you" and "The Sodomites will attack (The Elamites) from the rear".

It was an interesting film though because made in 1962 some of the lines in it were prophetic for our day.
(09-05-2012, 03:02 PM)Tim Wrote: Here, even on Fox Business channel, it is always said the new next generation has no problem with those issues unlike their parent's generation, and it will come to pass with their coming to power. So, America is maybe some short years behind because that younger generation nearly en masse voted for O, and he jumped on the gay marriage hobby horse to ensure their not bolting from the corral. Depraved indeed.

Not that it really matters but aren't  the readers of the Daily Mail mostly left leanng Labour types?

tim

Not at all.  They are right wing middle class "conservatives".  The Guardian readers are left wing.
There's an obvious double standard when it's socially acceptable for a person to undergo gender reassignment therapy, but not socially acceptable for homosexuals to undergo conversion therapy. As if the former is somehow so "empowering" while the latter is "degrading," etc.
(09-05-2012, 03:29 PM)Axona Wrote: There's an obvious double standard when it's socially acceptable for a person to undergo gender reassignment therapy, but not socially acceptable for homosexuals to undergo conversion therapy. As if the former is somehow so "empowering" while the latter is "degrading," etc.
A good point.

Some interesting observations here. But, where, pray tell, is this entity known as the LGBT Union? I don't believe it exists in any meaningful way as it seems to be imagined here. As a group of homosexuals out to flex their muscles.

It is pure propaganda by the Social Engineers founded at the University of Chicago by the Rockefellers. It is all part and parcel of the Malthusian Plan. It is also part of the Jewish Naturalism Plan and promoted by their media outlets. It's aim is the complete breakdown of the family into individual atoms floating around that can be easily herded into groups. Not so easy to do that to people who have strong family ties lived in the Faith. 

But, it is the easiest way to attack the Faith. Appeal to the passions and let people know that everyone can have these feelings, and if you do you should act on them. When the reality is that most people would never even think of them unless they were programmed to think of them in the first place.

We already know all that. I think the interesting part of this story, this voting up or down of comments, is to give the appearance that all social networking on the net is of importance and you have a say. It is the equivalent of texting "ru in?", or "LOL". But, it gives the participants the idea that their opinion matters and they are helping to change society in their image. That they are influencing others. The reality is that it serves as a feedback mechanism for those writing the articles or putting out the propaganda. They are the ones taking the cultural temperature. And they use it to keep it moving in their direction. Don't want to go too far out of the mainstream and enter the Latitude of Rejection. It's Skinnerian in scope. And derives from Social Judgement Theory and Cognitive Dissonance Theory developed by Festinger.

It further promotes this idea of democracy as if your opinion counts, so does your vote. It's pure propaganda with the added benefit of pushing a button to simulate action. As surely as pulling the trigger on a gun. We get to fire off our opinions. Just like children get so excited at the Museum of Science and Industry because they can push a button and listen to a recording on a telephone.

Monkey see. Monkey do.  :thumb:
(09-05-2012, 02:20 PM)ggreg Wrote: One of my hobbies is to read the comments on news stories.  I'm interested in constantly taking the temperature of society's morals and tracking the rate of descent into Hell.

The interesting thing about internet comments is that people can vote them up and down so in the case of a popular news stories read by several hundred thousand people up and down the country you get several thousand votes.  I only did statistical analysis to the first year of my University degree course, but, I believe with a sample size that large you can discount errors and those numbers accurately reflect public opinion.

This is the first article I've ever seen where all the comments on the side of morality were voted down and all the comments for immorality were voted up.  Now it is possible of course than the LGBT union has got together en-masse and skewed the results, they would have to act quickly mind you because it is a day old and it is hard to see how they would outvote the thousands of unbiased readers.  If these attitudes reflect society then we're approaching the bottom.  Hard to see how very much lower is possible.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...t-her.html

Frankly, I wouldn't put it past the LGBT crowd to skew said results in their favor. At the very least, they want to keep up the appearance that things are moving their way, even if the reality says otherwise.