We might have reached the bottom, we are plumbing the depths of depravity
(09-05-2012, 04:03 PM)MRose Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 03:29 PM)Axona Wrote: There's an obvious double standard when it's socially acceptable for a person to undergo gender reassignment therapy, but not socially acceptable for homosexuals to undergo conversion therapy. As if the former is somehow so "empowering" while the latter is "degrading," etc.
A good point.
A very good point
(09-05-2012, 03:29 PM)Axona Wrote: There's an obvious double standard when it's socially acceptable for a person to undergo gender reassignment therapy, but not socially acceptable for homosexuals to undergo conversion therapy. As if the former is somehow so "empowering" while the latter is "degrading," etc.

*puts this piece of wisdom in apologetic file in brain*  :grin: I always love the one liners that halt a debate
(09-05-2012, 02:20 PM)ggreg Wrote: This is the first article I've ever seen where all the comments on the side of morality were voted down and all the comments for immorality were voted up.  Now it is possible of course than the LGBT union has got together en-masse and skewed the results, they would have to act quickly mind you because it is a day old and it is hard to see how they would outvote the thousands of unbiased readers.  If these attitudes reflect society then we're approaching the bottom.  Hard to see how very much lower is possible.

In one of my poly sci classes as an undergrad, the professor asked for a show of hands as to who thought Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court decision virtually imposing abortion on demand everywhere in the U.S., was rightly decided.  There were about 50 students of both sexes in the class, ranging from early 20s to late 50s.  

Every single person in the class, except for me, raised his/her hand to show approval of Roe v. Wade.  The professor, who was what we might call a "conservative," was shocked.  So was I.  He then asked who opposed the decision.  I was the only person to raise a hand.  And the university I attended was considered "conservative."  

It was then that I realized there is little hope for our country; we await a major chastisement.
What happens when these deviants run out of sins?
(09-05-2012, 05:59 PM)DJR Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 02:20 PM)ggreg Wrote: This is the first article I've ever seen where all the comments on the side of morality were voted down and all the comments for immorality were voted up.  Now it is possible of course than the LGBT union has got together en-masse and skewed the results, they would have to act quickly mind you because it is a day old and it is hard to see how they would outvote the thousands of unbiased readers.  If these attitudes reflect society then we're approaching the bottom.  Hard to see how very much lower is possible.

In one of my poly sci classes as an undergrad, the professor asked for a show of hands as to who thought Roe v. Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court decision virtually imposing abortion on demand everywhere in the U.S., was rightly decided.  There were about 50 students of both sexes in the class, ranging from early 20s to late 50s.  

Every single person in the class, except for me, raised his/her hand to show approval of Roe v. Wade.  The professor, who was what we might call a "conservative," was shocked.  So was I.  He then asked who opposed the decision.  I was the only person to raise a hand.  And the university I attended was considered "conservative."  

It was then that I realized there is little hope for our country; we await a major chastisement.

Yikes. 50 to 1 is pretty staggering.
Yeah, 50 to 1 is pretty staggering.  I don't discount what Gilbert says entirely about the Homosexual "putting their hand on the scale", but just from my own experience, their are quite a few people with the attitude " It is not my thing, but if others like things that way, so be it".  Indifferentism is a victory of sorts for the godless.  Some are people that you would think should know better.  I think it gets perceptibly higher with the under 30/35 crowd.  Not that some may not see the light, but with the information age with all its pros and cons that many have had access to since the 90's, normalcy has become just what is in the eye of the beholder. 
  With going on a 3rd generation of getting mush at ones typical parish and even near-extinction of inoffensive programming on TV/movies in the later 60's/early 70's, people that had standards are dropping off or near that time and the younger are few in between that know that there are absolute truthes. 
Yes, a chastisement of sort will occur.  What it will exactly be is not certain, but a state of grace must be obtained.  Also, when possible, surround yourself with those that have the same things in mind.

Joe

How dare you judge what's "depraved". You're not sinless.
(09-05-2012, 11:05 PM)Spooky Wrote: How dare you judge what's "depraved". You're not sinless.
Well said.  :LOL:
(09-05-2012, 10:36 PM)joe17 Wrote: but just from my own experience, their are quite a few people with the attitude " It is not my thing, but if others like things that way, so be it".  Indifferentism is a victory of sorts for the godless.  Some are people that you would think should know better.  I think it gets perceptibly higher with the under 30/35 crowd. 
I think this is largely the case as well. There is the whole "I am personally opposed, but..." attitude, fueled by the "if you do not want an abortion/homo marriage/___, then do not get one" schtick.
(09-05-2012, 07:50 PM)jen51 Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 05:59 PM)DJR Wrote:

Yikes. 50 to 1 is pretty staggering.

Although I have seen polls that show that when clarified, the majority of "pro-choice" Americans favor some restriction on abortion, so actually disagree with Roe v Wade. Many seen to be misinformed as to how radical the decision was.