Our Lady of Zeitoun
A new movie presented at the Cannes and Berlin film festivals examines the remarkable phenomenon of 'Our lady of Zeitoun.'
There were reported Marian apparitions that were witnessed by thousands of people in Caito beginning in 1968.
In "the virgin, the Copts, and Me," director Namir Abdel meeseeh takes a personal and skeptical approach to the apparitions. but he uses them as a means of analyzing the relationships between Coptic Christians and Muslims in Egypt. He notes that both groups revere the Virgin Mary. The apparitions were witnessed by Gamal Nassar, among countless others.
The apparitions were seen over a Coptic church in the Zeitoun district of Cairo. They were thoroughly investigated by both the Coptic Orthodox church and the civil authorities No natural explanation was found for the phenomena.   
This makes me wonder. Our Lady appeared to Copts, and Mohammedans !

tim
Yes Tim , me too! What has the Eastern Catholics in union with Rome said about this supposed apparition? Any connection with the fact that it happened in the same year as Humane Vitae 1968
(09-06-2012, 07:59 AM)Tim Wrote: This makes me wonder. Our Lady appeared to Copts, and Mohammedans !

tim

Since Mohammadans are so reverant to Our Lady, it figures it would be a good bridge for their conversion.
(09-06-2012, 01:21 PM)Miles Christi Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 07:59 AM)Tim Wrote: This makes me wonder. Our Lady appeared to Copts, and Mohammedans !

tim

Since Mohammadans are so reverant to Our Lady, it figures it would be a good bridge for their conversion.

In Lebanon March 25 has been declared a national holiday in honor of the Annuciation. Both the Moslems and the Christians recognize her annunciation and they also recognize the virgin birth.