Sedevacantist Sisters Reunite With Church
(09-06-2012, 02:28 PM)Walty Wrote: Norbertines saying the TLM!?
:O

Oh, haha, I forgot that the Norbertines in Europe tend to be quite liberal. The ones in California are quite traditional.  :grin:
(09-06-2012, 02:48 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: They were just in time for Assisi III

[Image: assisi2.jpeg]

I would be great it they made those characters above in Play-People.

[Image: PLAYPEOPLE.JPG]

I just bought my boys an air-rifle and they need something fun to shoot at.
(09-06-2012, 02:28 PM)Walty Wrote: At any rate, what has changed in the Church to make these sisters decide to leave sedevacantism?  Have they merely changed their minds or do they think Benedict somehow became suddenly valid?

Odd.
They had never made an informed choice to join sedevacantism. They had been brought up in it, mostly in the cult of Schuckhardt.
They saw footage of pope Benedict's installment and were quite surprised that there were no naked Go-Go dancers during the mass. Also they met some Missionaries of Charity and were surprised that they were faithful Catholics and not sacrificing babies for Baal. So they decided the Church was not quite what they had been told.
(09-06-2012, 03:23 PM)Freudentaumel Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 02:28 PM)Walty Wrote: At any rate, what has changed in the Church to make these sisters decide to leave sedevacantism?  Have they merely changed their minds or do they think Benedict somehow became suddenly valid?

Odd.
They had never made an informed choice to join sedevacantism. They had been brought up in it, mostly in the cult of Schuckhardt.
They saw footage of pope Benedict's installment and were quite surprised that there were no naked Go-Go dancers during the mass. Also they met some Missionaries of Charity and were surprised that they were faithful Catholics and not sacrificing babies for Baal. So they decided the Church was not quite what they had been told.

This is a strawman if I've ever seen one. As if those are the reasons for why the CMRI exists.
(09-06-2012, 02:50 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 12:21 PM)Jesusbrea Wrote: So many things about this article that need rebuttal; unfortunately we cannot do it here.

C'mon Chuy. You thought the sock puppet account was going to give you a fair shot?

Guess not
(09-06-2012, 02:48 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: They were just in time for Assisi III

[Image: assisi2.jpeg]

We need to embrace our separated brethren. According to Benedict XVI, we shouldn't even pray for the conversion of the Jews "in a missionary sense."

Are they praying to the Blessed Sacrament?

If that is the case, then, objectively, I don't see the problem in that picture.
(09-06-2012, 03:25 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 03:23 PM)Freudentaumel Wrote:

Odd.

This is a strawman if I've ever seen one. As if those are the reasons for why the CMRI exists.
I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I don't say those were the reasons the CMRI exists.
I only say that the sisters never made a thorough theological decision for sedevacantism, therefore leaving sedevacantism was not necessarily a thoroughly theological decision as well. And even though I was trying to be funny, the footage of pope Benedict's installment and their acquaintance with the Missionaries of Charity was given by themselves as their main reason.
The reporter should do some homework and write it down.  Schuckardt was ordained and cosecrated by Old Catholic Bishop Michael Brown, not by Bishop Thuc.  
 Bishop Thuc consecrated Bp Carmona, who consecrated Bp Pivarunas.  The early ordained/post Schuckardt priests were ordained or conditionally ordained by Bp Musey.
After Schuckardt left, things got less extreme.  
 You can ask people today involved and many will acknowledge that there are conservative practices and people out in the NO.  I have know enough of these people to vouch for that.
 The problem is that these "conservative" practices is what helps mask the rot that is there.  While there are some priests that have kept the moral teachings and try to pass them on, the truthes of the faith may be blurred and the liturgy, even when done by the book, is still the NO.  Conservative NO Masses can hinder people from discerning that there is a real problem in their midst.

Joe

(09-06-2012, 02:54 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 02:48 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: [Image: assisi2.jpeg]

That ... looks like he is praying with heretics, pagans, and schismatics.

CollegeCatholic, he is but praying in the same vicinity as everyone else, who all happen to be in positions of prayer too. A mere coincidence*.

* None of which I believe, personally
(09-06-2012, 06:21 PM)InfinityCodaLMHSYF Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 02:54 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(09-06-2012, 02:48 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: [Image: assisi2.jpeg]

That ... looks like he is praying with heretics, pagans, and schismatics.

CollegeCatholic, he is but praying in the same vicinity as everyone else, who all happen to be in positions of prayer too. A mere coincidence*.

* None of which I believe, personally

Lawl, what, did you study under the authors of Vatican II?  trollolol