Sedevacantist Sisters Reunite With Church
Those darned sisters. If only they would have kept theirs mouths shut, this scandal wouldn't have risen.
They should have known better than to acknowledge the legitimacy of the holy father.
  :eyeroll:
Au contraire, Mr Bullitt,

I think it was better to come to a head.  There is a little smoother sailing now.  All in the CMRI have the same belief so there is no conflict to have to deal with.

Joe
I find it interesting that some of the sisters (not the ones mentioned in the article) have a totally different community in Santa Rosa (not a fan if their habits) and then there are others that also left who started a community in Michigan, I remember it being Savinaw Island, but that could be wrong. I'm curious why they split further into three groups (?).

Also, I received a newsletter from the CMRI's seminary & was surprised to see they have (seemingly) a very full school & Church in the mid-west. (Children) The Sisters were not identified but wore. Lack habits, not the CMRI habits I've  seen.

Finally, I was in Rome in 2000. I saw some of the CMRI sisters in Assisi & spoke to them briefly. Remember it was the year of the Jubilee. All of Italy Watson their best behavior & it was before the worst of the worst sex abuse scandals came to light. I can see how those sisters saw VERY devout Catholics then; we were the only ones who took advantage of the graces offered by the Jubilee Year!!!! The rest stayed home debasing the Faith & Mass!!! I'm sorry if I sound critical, but I have many questions. I have gotten to know some of the CMRI's since then, and they have been lovely and never pushy.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth,
ey
  I have heard about the other two communities as well.  Perhaps as they say they have a different charism.
  As to the seminary newsletter and the school in the Midwest, Omaha to be exact, they are another group of sisters, smaller in number(perhaps 12 total) that was started in the mid-90's with one or two of the CMRI sisters who believe they were meant to start this teaching order.  They are the Mater Dei sisters, (CMD) Sisters of the Mother of God.  They teach school there in Omaha(around 100children, all grades, last I heard) and have some sisters in Michigan as well.  They are under Bishop Pivarunas as well.
  The sisters are very easy to talk to.  Do call or write/email them or the fathers if you have anything you would like to know or ask.
God bless you.

Joe
(09-07-2012, 10:03 PM)Cooler King Wrote: Those darned sisters. If only they would have kept theirs mouths shut, this scandal wouldn't have risen.
They should have known better than to acknowledge the legitimacy of the holy father.

As a way of introduction to the New Church Religion, maybe the Holy Father can take some of the sisters along on his next field trip to a Mosque to pray to Allah.
(09-08-2012, 04:47 AM)Thomas58 Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 10:03 PM)Cooler King Wrote: Those darned sisters. If only they would have kept theirs mouths shut, this scandal wouldn't have risen.

As a way of introduction to the New Church Religion, maybe the Holy Father can take some of the sisters along on his next field trip to a Mosque to pray to Allah.
This or they may end up hosting some such event themselves.

Joe