Converts at trad parishes
How many conversions a year does your traditional parish see? At mine we've had at least 8 that I know of in the last 12 months - most of them in their early twenties too. Is this common for traditional groups? Also, is your parish FSSP/SSPX/Diocese/etc?
When I was baptized this past Easter, I entered into the Church with thirty others in my parish. I only know maybe five of us that were baptized exclusively attend the TLM, don't know about the rest since we never meet. RCIA was done at an individual level, one catechumen and one mentor. Diocesan parish.
I would guess our FSSP parish averages somewhere between 3-5 every year.  We have been adding several new families, however, and are up to around 350 famililes.
(09-09-2012, 04:09 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: I would guess our FSSP parish averages somewhere between 3-5 every year.  We have been adding several new families, however, and are up to around 350 famililes.

350 familes? Wow. We don't even have 300 people!
(09-09-2012, 04:57 AM)Aragon Wrote: 350 familes? Wow. We don't even have 300 people!

Yeah, we've got a lot of registered families, but our Sunday Mass attendance I think is closer to 350-400 people.  We have a lot of military families since there is a base nearby, and many families stay registered even after leaving.  Our archdiocese also allows joint registration, so some families are registered at our parish as well as the one closest to their home.  Very few of our parishioners live within 10 minutes of the church.
A friend of mine and I both converted in our early twenties.  It seems to be a fairly common phenomenon-- there was a young lady there the very first day I went to an SSPX chapel who was clearly a convert.
Not to derail but by conversion do you mean from NO to trad ?

tim
Over 700 parishoners at the FSSP parish in Sacramento
(09-09-2012, 09:42 AM)Tim Wrote: Not to derail but by conversion do you mean from NO to trad ?

tim

No. Non-Catholic to Catholic. I don't consider switching Masses as a conversion.
(09-09-2012, 09:55 AM)Aragon Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 09:42 AM)Tim Wrote: Not to derail but by conversion do you mean from NO to trad ?

tim

No. Non-Catholic to Catholic. I don't consider switching Masses as a conversion.

I do.  In fact, that conversion may be harder than non-believer or protestant to TLM.