Work dilemma...help
I am a nurse that has worked on an outpatient surgery unit for 13 years works, I have pretty much have enjoyed my job where i get to do a variety of things. The problem is they also do sterilizations on my department, over the years I have been able to avoid doing these, because in doing so I would be an accessory to sin. Due staffing constraints I have been finding it more difficult to avoid these procedures. I feel it's a matter of time before I am made to do these procedures.  I have applied for and got a position in a cancer care dept. but at a 1.88 less an hour. Should I take this position? My wife and I will be ok if we tighten our belts a little though, my question is should I take this position? The whole Obama care thing scares me too and what may be coming down the pike. I thought I would ask the tank for advice.
Could you get out of it as a kind of conscientious objector?
That is what I have tried to do so far...But I am afraid it's more complicated than that. We have a new computer system and I am a Super user so basically I'm helping other people to be able to use it, I had to help a co-worker enter information on an admission and she was admitting a patient that was getting sterilized. Or sometimes I will be asked to start an IV, and I always have to ask what is the patient having done if the IV is for someone being sterilized I am complicit in that sin...and when staffing is limited I don't always have the option to opt out although I have done a fairly good job so far but if someone complains...Admin could tell me if I can't perform  all the dutuies of my job go elsewhere.
If you can manage with the new salary/ job, I'd say go for it. 
I am a nurse as well. I understand the position you are in. You can make your objections known, but when there is no staff, there is no staff, and then no one cares and they resent you for not helping. If you can, move. it's less money, but that is any easier cross then constantly worrying.
Thank you for your input... :)
Yes, if it will help you get out of having to do sterilizations you should take the opportunity. 
:pray: :pray: :pray: