Never Forget: September 11, 1683
While we morn and remember those lost in our own September 11th it is crucial that we do not forget and always remember those lost but also those who perpetrated that crime against our civilization. The enemy and locusts of history that are the Mohammedans.

So as to not only make this a somber day but also a day to remember the victorious dead I remind my fellow brothers and sisters of our glorious past which was payed with the blood of our forefathers.

The Siege of Vienna 1683

And of course it would not be just to not mention the great hero of the Siege of Vienna King John III Sobieski.
This is an excellent depiction of Jan Sobieski at Vienna.

This amateur historian recommends it!
How fascinating. I'd never heard of this battle, considering it seems to have been such a critical battle in ending Turkish expansion and saving Christian Europe.

I like how, after the victory, Sobieski paraphrased Julius Caesar's famous quote by saying:

"Veni, vidi, Deus vicit:"

"I came, I saw, God Conquered." 

How cool is that?

(09-11-2012, 04:54 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: How fascinating. I'd never heard of this battle, considering it seems to have been such a critical battle in ending Turkish expansion and saving Christian Europe.

I like how, after the victory, Sobieski paraphrased Julius Caesar's famous quote by saying:

"Veni, vidi, Deus vicil:" "I came, I saw, God Conquered." 

How cool is that?

It's not something likely to be taught in school.
Blessed Pope Innocent XI instituted the Feast of the Holy Name of Mary as a result of this victory.

http://nobility.org/2012/09/10/holy-name-of-mary/

Exactly 14 years later to the day on September 11, 1697 Prince Eugene of Savoy, who distinguished himself at the Battle of Vienna in 1683, annihilated the Ottoman Turks at the Battle of Zenta.
The Winged Hussars of Jan Sobieski's Polish army must have put the fear of the Lord into the Turks.  "Their main primary tactic was to lead the charge and crush standard foot soldiers. They continued to crash into the enemy formation until it broke. The exact reason why the Winged Hussars attached wings to their backs was because while riding they would make a horrible rattling noise that unnerved the enemy."

[Image: Lg_wingedhussars.jpg]

Funny that the Mohammedans would pick the anniversary of the defeat of the Turks to do 9/11.  I mean if in fact it was Muslims that did it.
This video is better:

(09-11-2012, 04:54 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote: I like how, after the victory, Sobieski paraphrased Julius Caesar's famous quote by saying:

"Veni, vidi, Deus vicit:"

"I came, I saw, God Conquered." 

The quote is in the plural, I believe:

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit."

"We came, we saw, God conquered."