Traditional Catholic love and loyalty toward the Pope
(09-16-2012, 12:42 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 12:35 AM)DrBombay Wrote:
(09-15-2012, 02:00 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: Thank you for pointing this out, but for many, it will fall on deaf ears. Frankly, I'm tired of the sophistry used to "bail out" Benedict XVI or whomever.

The respect for the Bishop of Rome is fairly oozing from this one.

Here's the entire quote
(09-15-2012, 02:00 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: Thank you for pointing this out, but for many, it will fall on deaf ears. Frankly, I'm tired of the sophistry used to "bail out" Benedict XVI or whomever. When that fails, out come the personal insults and ad hominems, or the threat of "you're going to Hell!"

Benedict knows perfectly well that there is a difference between religious tolerance and religious liberty. So did John Paul II and Paul VI. Those men knew more theology then all of us 100 times over. Yet, the conciliar revolution continues, and error has rights.

It's simply astounding.

Demanding to be quoted in context?   How un-trad of you.   :shame:

The irony is indeed thick.

(09-16-2012, 12:45 AM)DrBombay Wrote:
(09-15-2012, 02:00 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: Thank you for pointing this out, but for many, it will fall on deaf ears. Frankly, I'm tired of the sophistry used to "bail out" Benedict XVI or whomever.

Here's the entire quote
(09-15-2012, 02:00 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: Thank you for pointing this out, but for many, it will fall on deaf ears. Frankly, I'm tired of the sophistry used to "bail out" Benedict XVI or whomever. When that fails, out come the personal insults and ad hominems, or the threat of "you're going to Hell!"

Benedict knows perfectly well that there is a difference between religious tolerance and religious liberty. So did John Paul II and Paul VI. Those men knew more theology then all of us 100 times over. Yet, the conciliar revolution continues, and error has rights.

It's simply astounding.

The difference is I don't have a posse do shout "context" from the rooftops if I say something heretical.
(09-16-2012, 12:44 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(09-15-2012, 08:19 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Just fucking astounded. 

Yes.  Astounded. 

Hey Bombay, why don't you use the entire freaking quote?  I'm astounded at Jayne's mental gymnastics to cast the SSPX as bad guys.  Nothing about the Pope in there.  Hell, he isn't even mentioned.

(09-15-2012, 08:19 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: What was the TLM cast as for the two decades prior to the consecrations!?

I have no polite words for you.  The words I can only think of to describe my shock at how utterly...  IGNORANT AND RETARDED your thought, Jayne, would make a sailor blush.  I don't know how people like you survive in your day to day life and somehow go on to achieve things.

Just fucking astounded.

Jayne never said any such thing, she's been very cordial and actually praised the SSPX for the good it's done in people's lives helping in their spiritual growth. She simply pointed out the negativity and nastiness by some SSPX folks on here and wherever when it comes to the Pope, and because of that she's done with going to their chapels. Do you deny you've been a bit "rude" when it comes to the Pope and heck even Jayne? (she's done pretty good at turning the other cheek with her posts today)

I'm off to bed (gonna read a bit) we'll argue er talk more tomorrow...
(09-16-2012, 12:47 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 12:45 AM)DrBombay Wrote:

Here's the entire quote

It's simply astounding.

The difference is I don't have a posse do shout "context" from the rooftops if I say something heretical.

I think you underestimate your posse.  The go ham on anyone that even hints at papolatry.  Really, your band of brothers is impressive.  
(09-16-2012, 12:51 AM)DrBombay Wrote: I think you underestimate your posse.  The go ham on anyone that even hints at papolatry.  Really, your band of brothers is impressive.  

Thanks. I was actually just thinking of Henry V's speech, too!
More trad bashing.  Surprising.
(09-16-2012, 01:14 AM)Walty Wrote: More trad bashing.  Surprising.

Welcome to FE, where trad-bashing is alright but speak one word against the Pope and you should be "run through."
Hello there Fisheaters,
I have posted here only a couple of times but I am a daily reader. In the relatively short time that I have been here the quality of the posts has really gone down. There are only a few voices out there that I really respect, namely Tim and Walty, there are others but I can not remember off the top of my head. Personal attacks on any pope, Paul VI included  :LOL: , I feel are uncalled for. But popes are not beyond reproach, think Catherine of Siena and Phillip Neri and even Saint Paul. Speaking again on the quality of the posts. Many are very Neo-Con, this place is going to become the next Catholic Answers if we're not careful  :LOL: . God and Mary be with you.

Yours devotedly in the Sacred Heart of Jesus,
PPD

No, trad-bashing is not acceptable. Defining "trad" as "someone who thinks exactly as I do" won't work, though. Once again, the working definition is here: http://www.fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism.html  There are other fora out there for people who don't find that definition exclusive enough.

Neither is disrespect toward the Holy Father acceptable. "Disrespect" is quite different from, say, disagreeing with him, thinking something he does is unwise or imprudent, not understanding something he does or doesn't do and questioning it out loud, without rancor, critiquing his style, etc. The Pope only exercises his extraordinary magisterium rarely, puts his pants on one leg at a time, might be bad at Trivial Pursuit, and could well be "crazy" enough to not like Sugar Cream Pie. He might even do something as scandalous as kissing Korans, which rightfully makes his sheep go "WTF??? What a BAD move!!!" But he always deserves respect.  By "respect," I mean giving him the benefit of the doubt, not jumping to conclusions, not reveling in an orgy of hate when he does something you don't like, going out of your way to find good reasons for something he does that you think is not a great idea (not necessarily coming to agree with it, but not impugning his motives, for ex.), knowing your place relative to him, and generally talking about him without name-calling and with the same sort of respect you'd want others to talk about your own Dad. 

This is the Catholic way. There is nothing neo-con about it.

I know that expecting this is less fun for some folks who enjoy referring to the Holy Father as "RATzinger" or "Bennie" or what not.  I know that some folks like to indulge their anger about the state of the human element of the Church and want for the Holy Father to get on his red phone and fire everybody and risk schism and war and maybe even the deaths of millions to "get 'er done" in a way that pleases them (and to do it all at once, yesterday!), but that's the way it is.
(09-15-2012, 07:38 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: With respect to the Holy Father, I greatly fear that he's wasting his breath at best, and encouraging error among Christians and non-Christians alike at worst.  It's a serious problem, not to be ignored by appeals to diplomacy-- even IF it was likely to work.

The Holy Father is encouraging error.  Check.

Wow, I made top of the list.  I wonder if that makes me the best example, or the worst?

Is this really disrespectful?  I thought it was a pretty dang measured criticism, under the circumstances.