Dating websites?
Ok, so, dating websites.  If you're like me, you don't live near any other trads, or even near any traditional leaning Catholics.  Or if you do, there's not many of them and the ones you do meet just don't "click" with you.  So, because we're so few and far between, dating websites seem to fill in the gaps for many trads looking for a spouse.

OKCupid worked pretty well for me (met her on OKC and we've been in a relationship for about 7 months).  I mean, you have to figure out how to PROPERLY use OKCupid before it produces good results and you have to be patient.  I'd recommend it, but again, you need to figure out how to use it correctly in order for it to work correctly, which doesn't take long to figure out.

But it works.  At least, it worked for me and a few other trads who've been on there.

I mean, OKCupid is a dating website where everyone joins, but because of it's search engine and matching/friendship/enemy system, I'd argue it'll do a much better job of matching you than... say... CatholicMatch.  I mean, six or seven questions, a paragraph and picture don't really say much.

Any other dating websites you think do a good job of matching you up?  Any dating websites you think aren't so great?

I've been using OKCupid since the beginning of August.  I like that it is free and "better" than CatholicMatch.

Harder to find TLMers on OKCupid, though. 
Duesdark and I met on OKCupid.  He wasn't a TLMer at the time -- but he was always interested in how things were before the council.  One TLM and he was over to the dark side.  :LOL:
(09-18-2012, 05:17 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I've been using OKCupid since the beginning of August.  I like that it is free and "better" than CatholicMatch.

Patience.

The key is to answer TONS of questions, not answer questions you don't like, and write your own questions.  And also to check profile's Questions tab, then look at the questions you disagree on to quickly tell if they're the kind of person you want to bother messaging.
(09-18-2012, 08:55 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(09-18-2012, 05:17 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I've been using OKCupid since the beginning of August.  I like that it is free and "better" than CatholicMatch.

Patience.

The key is to answer TONS of questions, not answer questions you don't like, and write your own questions.  And also to check profile's Questions tab, then look at the questions you disagree on to quickly tell if they're the kind of person you want to bother messaging.

Haha, yeah.  I'm not complaining, it's just hard to filter through the Catholics and the "Catholics."
What do yo folks think of SSPX singles.com

Traditional Singles.com

or Sedevacantist singles.com
Wolfie, what happened the lady you were keen on?  :((
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
There is also http://www.sspxsingles.com/ - I think there is some variety on the site, meaning not everyone attends SSPX chapels. Some are FSSP, some go to the diocesan TLM, etc.
I'm on both sspx singles and catholicmatch. There are the "passions" websites which are free I believe but I haven't sign up for those.
That's what I love about fisheaters. It's free, but there's not many singles or they don't post it.