Dating websites?
(09-19-2012, 01:30 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Wolfie, what happened the lady you were keen on?   :((

???

That's her.  The one I'm dating.

(09-19-2012, 01:39 AM)spiritofjoy Wrote: There is also http://www.sspxsingles.com/ - I think there is some variety on the site, meaning not everyone attends SSPX chapels. Some are FSSP, some go to the diocesan TLM, etc.

(09-19-2012, 03:15 AM)GodFirst Wrote: I'm on both sspx singles and catholicmatch. There are the "passions" websites which are free I believe but I haven't sign up for those.

But... those websites only give you a paragraph and a picture to go on.  Not that great for trying to find out if they're the sort with which you want to spend your life.
LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
GodFirst Wrote:I'm on both sspx singles and catholicmatch. There are the "passions" websites which are free I believe but I haven't sign up for those.

But... those websites only give you a paragraph and a picture to go on.  Not that great for trying to find out if they're the sort with which you want to spend your life.
So what? That's why you have to pay to message them and find out. You're never going to find out if a specific women is who you want unless you actually talk with her. That's what really keeps online searching still really no different than face-to-face. As Mama always said, "life is like a box of chocolates..."
And, yes, that goes for trad women who go to trad parishes. I've found that out the hard way. Life is hard.
(09-21-2012, 02:49 AM)GodFirst Wrote:
LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
GodFirst Wrote:I'm on both sspx singles and catholicmatch. There are the "passions" websites which are free I believe but I haven't sign up for those.

So what? That's why you have to pay to message them and find out. You're never going to find out if a specific women is who you want unless you actually talk with her. That's what really keeps online searching still really no different than face-to-face. As Mama always said, "life is like a box of chocolates..."

And, yes, that goes for trad women who go to trad parishes. I've found that out the hard way. Life is hard.

I'm just saying, as long as you're using a website, you may as well use one that's going to do a better job of sifting through possible significant others.  And yes, you do have to message them and then later on see if they're the type with which you can hold a conversation, talk to, etc. like dating in person.

The problem I'm trying to point out: why are you bothering with an online dating website that gives you as much info about someone as meeting someone in person?  I mean, if that's the kind of dating website you use, you may as well not be on it, you may as well just be meeting people in person at your trad church.  So... if you're going to try online dating sites, then why not try a dating website that is MUCH more thorough?

Believe me, using the more thorough dating website doesn't make my life any easier, it just makes it more worth the effort.  Certainly more worth the effort than relationships I've had with women I've met in person. 
That's fair, but I doubt such thoroughness with any dating site. At least with a few I guess one can know that the other person has a generally similar worldview of life.
(09-24-2012, 01:16 AM)GodFirst Wrote: That's fair, but I doubt such thoroughness with any dating site. At least with a few I guess one can know that the other person has a generally similar worldview of life.

-_-

Dude, just try it before you doubt it.
Personally, I think you can find when meeting people, but using a dating website is nothing sinful. You can start up a correspondence through it;

I have no internet connection in the school I teach. So I expect those interested in knowing me better to begin exchanging letters. It's a wonderful way of knowing a person, before the first face-to-face rdv.
So if anyone is interested in a Frenchgirl who's so fond of the Anglo-saxons, let me know via mp and I'll send my address.
(11-16-2012, 11:53 AM)Stidiumecclesiae Wrote: Personally, I think you can find when meeting people, but using a dating website is nothing sinful. You can start up a correspondence through it;

I have no internet connection in the school I teach. So I expect those interested in knowing me better to begin exchanging letters. It's a wonderful way of knowing a person, before the first face-to-face rdv.
So if anyone is interested in a Frenchgirl who's so fond of the Anglo-saxons, let me know via mp and I'll send my address.

French girl interested in Anglo-Saxons???

Does not compute.
(11-16-2012, 05:07 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(11-16-2012, 11:53 AM)Stidiumecclesiae Wrote: Personally, I think you can find when meeting people, but using a dating website is nothing sinful. You can start up a correspondence through it;

French girl interested in Anglo-Saxons???

Does not compute.

True that. I dated some French ladies but they always wanted to marry a French man, never a roast beef.

Can't say I blame them.
(11-19-2012, 08:25 PM)ggreg Wrote: True that. I dated some French ladies but they always wanted to marry a French man, never a roast beef.

Can't say I blame them.

Maybe she's like all the Asian girls who will only date white guys. I know several of those types.