Poll: Do you wear a headcovering (veil, mantilla, hat, etc) at Mass?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Headcovering
Well, do you?

My good friend and I have a difference in assumption about how common this is in the Traditional movement.  So, ladies of the Traditional movement...what do you do?

Gents: Vote on your wife's behalf only if she is not also voting in the poll - that way her headcovering vs not isn't double counted.
I voted "other" (for my wife). She generally does but stopped for a bit because the baby pulls it off all the time. Now it's lost! We'll get another one ... but the baby will pull it for sure.
I only covered my hair part of the time when going to NO because of the horrible looks that were hurled in my direction. Headcoverings are required at the SSPX chapel here (and at most non-French SSPX chapels, from what I've been told).
(09-20-2012, 04:03 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: I voted "other" (for my wife). She generally does but stopped for a bit because the baby pulls it off all the time. Now it's lost! We'll get another one ... but the baby will pull it for sure.

Has she tried a hat with a hatpin?  It might not look as fun to play with as the pretty lace.  :)
(09-20-2012, 04:54 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote:
(09-20-2012, 04:03 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: I voted "other" (for my wife). She generally does but stopped for a bit because the baby pulls it off all the time. Now it's lost! We'll get another one ... but the baby will pull it for sure.

Has she tried a hat with a hatpin?  It might not look as fun to play with as the pretty lace.   :)

Right now our daughter will pull anything.  She pulls our hair, but at least that doesn't come off so easy :-)
(09-20-2012, 04:56 PM)newyorkcatholic Wrote:
(09-20-2012, 04:54 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote:

Has she tried a hat with a hatpin?  It might not look as fun to play with as the pretty lace.   :)

Right now our daughter will pull anything.  She pulls our hair, but at least that doesn't come off so easy :-)

Ouch!  Oh well, it was just an idea.  Though a smallish hat might not be as "reachable."
I do wear a head covering when I am in the Church or before the Blessed Sacrament.
Yes I wear a head scarf. I'd like a real mantilla but my scarf cost me $3 at Wal-mart, and a nice mantilla would cost me $30.  :LOL:
Always; I'm more than a bit into it.  :grin:  I'm at one of the Institute's oratories and I'd say maybe more than half cover on any given Sunday. But even when we're away from home, visiting say an NO church, I still cover.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(09-21-2012, 02:31 AM)kayla_veronica Wrote: Yes I wear a head scarf. I'd like a real mantilla but my scarf cost me $3 at Wal-mart, and a nice mantilla would cost me $30.  :LOL:

Thrift shops - one of the manitllas I have cost maybe $2.