Poll: Do you wear a headcovering (veil, mantilla, hat, etc) at Mass?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Headcovering
Ah.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(10-03-2012, 02:40 AM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(09-23-2012, 03:02 PM)JayneK Wrote: So today at Mass I paid attention to how many women had head-coverings and it was about 90%. 

Jayne, you're at the SSPX, correct? I thought women had to wear a headcovering, like its mandatory, right?

No, on Sundays I go to a diocesan TLM.  I normally only went to the SSPX chapel on weekdays.  (Lately I've stopped doing that but I am missing it so much that I am reconsidering.)
(10-03-2012, 12:18 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(10-03-2012, 02:40 AM)Jacafamala Wrote:
(09-23-2012, 03:02 PM)JayneK Wrote: So today at Mass I paid attention to how many women had head-coverings and it was about 90%. 

Jayne, you're at the SSPX, correct? I thought women had to wear a headcovering, like its mandatory, right?

No, on Sundays I go to a diocesan TLM.  I normally only went to the SSPX chapel on weekdays.  (Lately I've stopped doing that but I am missing it so much that I am reconsidering.)
90% is pretty good for diocesan.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Whenever I'm in the Presence of Our Eucharistic Lord, I wear at head-covering; even if I'm wearing jeans (like for Confession or popping in the Eucharistic Adoration Chapel). It's just automatic now.
My wife wears one. We usually go to an ICRSS Church. I would say that about half of the women on a given Sunday have some sort of headcovering. Most of the more entrenched women in the parish do, but not all.
I prefer to wear hats and have done so for many years due to having a baby/toddler pull off mantillas.  Even though my youngest is now 4, I still wear hats (wearing a veil is just strange to me - although I have one in my car for a trip to the chapel any other day it is not a Sunday).

Here is my array of hats (until I buy another).

http://noexcuseseasyorganising.com/hats-...ikes-hats/

I like hats, but I can never find a hat that likes me. Some people look good in hats. I'm not one of them.

I'm looking for a new mantilla. I'm short and have a small head and it seems like most mantillas make me look like I've raided my mom's closet, if you know what I mean. I'm looking for one that won't swallow me up. I've looked at many sites online and the ones I've seen look either too small or too big. Any suggestions? I'd like one in black that is 'delicate' looking, meaning not a really heavy lace. Something very light that goes down to my shoulders.
(10-21-2012, 09:09 PM)GenevieveW Wrote: I'm looking for a new mantilla. I'm short and have a small head and it seems like most mantillas make me look like I've raided my mom's closet, if you know what I mean. I'm looking for one that won't swallow me up. I've looked at many sites online and the ones I've seen look either too small or too big. Any suggestions? I'd like one in black that is 'delicate' looking, meaning not a really heavy lace. Something very light that goes down to my shoulders.

IMO it's about the length of your hair, not your height.  The hair poking out from under look isn't so pretty, at least not to me.
(10-21-2012, 09:37 PM)OCLittleFlower Wrote: IMO it's about the length of your hair, not your height.  The hair poking out from under look isn't so pretty, at least not to me.

I agree.