St Vincent de Paul
The lines have been very long these past few weeks at the St Vincent de Paul Society. Thanks to your prayers we have been able to get by. I just hope that we can take care of the people we encounter and at least be able to give enough food for all the people who are hungry. Thank you.
:pray2:
:pray:

The St. Vincent de Paul Society is something I've always hoped to be get move involved with when I retire.

I'm on a committee at Sacred Heart Pullman, WA Diocese of Spokane (one of the minor unfortunate aspects of the post VII Church; the proliferation of "committees" rather than the model of apostolates such as St. Vincent's, Knights of Columbus, Catholic Daughers, Legion of Mary, etc., but that is another topic) which distributes a percentage of the collection plate to local, regional, and international charity.  Because of the budget issue in the parish the new pastor (a veteran who came out of retirement to serve us for a year) has asked us to take a fixed budget amount of $15k this year, rather than 10% of the plate, which has ranged from $20k to $25K in years past.  At our first meeting of the fiscal year last Wed. I advocated that while all our the past donations have been to very worthy causes, we should focus this year on local food banks, St. Vincents, Hospice (locally it is a secular community group but dominated by parishioner volunteers), and support for retired religious.

I've mentioned in other posts that in my endeavor to learn how to sew I've belong to a quilting group at the local Unitarian Church (not finding another suitable outlet to learn this skill).  They are nine miles east of me in Moscow, ID (Diocese of Boise) and their chuch has a similiar "tithe of the collection plate" program.  Last year the largest single recepient of their giving was the St. Vincent de Paul Society at St. Mary's Parish in Moscow as they discerned that this was the best program of this type in the community.
I'll continue to pray for this :pray:
please pray for the St Vincent de Paul Society. The needs are great and our resources don't permit us to be able to help everybody.
Please continue to pray for the people who come to us in the St vincent de Paul - The needs of the poor are great but at least if we can give them some food and a little consolation in the name of hte Catholic Church.
thank you 
The lines are still long and the requests are more than what we can actually do. Please pray for the people who come to us adking for help and please pray for us to be able to at least be able to give some food to those who have nothing to eat.
Please continue to pray for the St Vincent de Paul society here where I am. The needs are great and the money is not sufficient. Pray for us that at least we may be able to give some food to someone who is hungry. A little more money wouldn't hurt either.
:pray: :pray: :pray: