Benedict: Take Joy in the Good of our Separated Brethren
(10-21-2012, 04:53 PM)TrentCath Wrote: Vox this is your forum and you know we respect you but what you're saying is plain disrespectful. You are essentially saying everyone who disagrees with you makes us all look stupid and wrong, is sinning and makes the trad movement look bad, I've said my fair share of things I shouldn't but you're the moderator!

I understand you wanting people to tone down what they say on this forum and you've made your feelings on that clear, but if we can't even respectfully express our feelings on something without the mod telling us we are sinning by doing something then thats a whole different ballgame.

I have some other things to say but I don't want to be rude so I'll leave it.

It has nothing to do with "agreeing with me" per se; it's exactly what I said. It's a fact that claiming to find that which doesn't exist is bad, that trads should fight fair and be honest and shouldn't wantonly accuse Popes of heresy (especially when twisting perfectly fine text to "prove" the assertions), that there shouldn't be bitterness, etc. Whether you fit that description is another matter, and I didn't say anything about you one way or another. I didn't tell you that you were sinning; I said that people who do the above are sinning. And they are. The debate here is about whether the text says what you are claiming it says, whether it "proves" religious indifferentism, etc. If it isn't saying what you say it is saying, if you are "looking for trouble," if you are accusing the Holy Father of expressing indifferentism in a bit of text that doesn't show that, etc., then it's a bad thing. It's also a question of fact about which we have differing opinions. I'm sure other people will offer theirs. That's the point of the thread.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Benedict: Take Joy in the Good of our Separated Brethren - by VoxClamantis - 10-21-2012, 05:38 PM