Benedict: Take Joy in the Good of our Separated Brethren
(10-22-2012, 01:36 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote:
(10-21-2012, 03:18 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Maybe if you disconnect this passage from everything else he's done as a pontiff.

Oh, like Summorum Pontificum and Universae Ecclesiae and only distributing Communion on the tongue and Anglicanorum coetibus and the Benedictine Arrangement and....

Such things only make matters worse, and build a stronger case of modernism against him.

ETA: To expound, it is worse that a prelate should mix heterodoxy with orthodoxy than if he were to be one or the other.  "Let your speech be yea, yea or no, no &c &c"

It isn't desirable to have a parent who feeds you full course nutritious meals if every third meal they slip some poison in to it.  BXVI's pontificate can't be judged on one particular thing, though particular things can certainly be "defining" points of a pontificate, such as The Syllabus of Errors (P IX) or <i>Pascendi</i> (P X).  These works are emblematic of the Pope's body of work as a whole.  BXVI has nothing emblematic of his work, because his work as a pontiff is continually contradicting.  Pre conciliar popes would call this modernism, when one teaches conflicting doctrine or does something other than what he teaches.  Either that or he's stupid.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not stupid.  That leaves him being infatuated with the new ever-changing theology.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Benedict: Take Joy in the Good of our Separated Brethren - by Mithrandylan - 10-22-2012, 03:43 PM