Head of CDF declares Catholic bishop isn't
Over in the "No More SSPX Talks" thread, there has been pro-Mueller outrage-fest because Mithrandylan dared to state, clearly, that Abp. Mueller is a modernist. 

Well, where the hell is the outrage on what Abp. Mueller has said about Bishop Williamson?  This has a LOT more effect and consequences than anything a FishEaters poster will ever say.

Quote: Is it possible for reconciliation with Bishop Richard Williamson within the society?
Williamson is a separate problem to this reconciliation process. It is simply unacceptable that a Christian or even  more a bishop — of course he is not a Catholic bishop , as a bishop is only Catholic when he is in full communion with the Pope, the Successor of Peter, which Williamson is not — denies all that the Nazis had done against the Jewish people, their exterminations. How is it possible to be so cold-hearted about this? It is absolutely unacceptable, but this is a separate problem.
They [SSPX] need to accept the complete doctrine of the Catholic Church: the confession of faith, the Creed, and also accept the magisterium of the Pope as it is authentically interpreted. That is necessary. They also need to accept some forms of development in the liturgy. The Holy Father recognized the perennial validity of the extraordinary form of the liturgy, but they also must accept that the new ordinary form of the liturgy, developed after the Council, is valid and legitimate.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/arc...z28Oa9OHTQ

Here we have a prelate who should know better.  Yet here again, +Mueller is shooting his mouth off and declaring the SSPX to be not Catholic and that Bishop Williamson is also not a Catholic.

Lies and slander by our head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. 

Perhaps +Williamson deserves a little more respect (http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...4edbe99751).  Not that he'll ever get it.
Hah.  I bet he doesn't say this about any of the Orthodox, does he?
I read this earlier today, but thought it better not to post considering.  Glad you posted it.  This is a clear example of slander.  Blatant and public lies.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Maybe he's using the other definition of "Catholic bishop."  Could be a compliment!

[Image: mm75tu.jpg]
The slander isn't just saying Bp W isn't Catholic (as some would say he isn't and that would be an ugly discussion that would not result in anyone being convinced otherwise) but in saying that Bp W denies "all the nazis did to the Jews."  That isn't even close to the truth.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(10-05-2012, 12:47 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: The slander isn't just saying Bp W isn't Catholic (as some would say he isn't and that would be an ugly discussion that would not result in anyone being convinced otherwise) but in saying that Bp W denies "all the nazis did to the Jews."  That isn't even close to the truth.

No, not truthful but useful. What better way to destroy someone's reputation?
Ze German Bishops are a real problem.

tim
Wow...good thing belief in the real presence isn't a dogma like the Holocaust or His Eminence might be in trouble.
That's insane. I don't believe that Bishop Williamson does himself or the cause of tradition any favors when he publicly airs his own political views, but he does have a right to those opinions. On the other hand, we have several Bishops and even Cardinals who cast doubt on dogmas of the Faith, and nothing is said about them. Amazing.
Novus  Ordo = Holocaustianity

While I may not agree with Bp. Williamson's opinion regarding the Nazis etc... I don't see them as an impediment to being a Catholic. More modernist Vatican BS.