Instant mashed potatoes
(10-08-2012, 10:36 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Absolutely not.

And I would be ashamed to admit it if I did.

Absolutely not.

Finally, orthodoxy. We are rarer than I thought.

That is the crux of the problem with the "talks". + Williamson want the Idaho potato dogma defined, and all that use instant to be anathema sit. I agree.

hehehehe

tim
(10-08-2012, 11:39 AM)Rosarium Wrote:

Absolutely not.

Besides, you cannot play Mr Potato Head with a box of instant potatoes. Just sayin. 
(10-08-2012, 06:19 AM)Rosarium Wrote: I once looked at a box someone used, and I found that the cost and preparation of them offered no advantage over buying a sack of potatoes.

I find this difficult to believe.  Are you saying that instant mashed potatoes are no easier to prepare than mashed potatoes?  How do you figure that?  I'd love to believe it because I find myself tempted to buy the instant ones now that I see some faithful Catholics do. 

See what you started, Rosarium? ;

Absolutely not.

Indeed.

What's the worst is when someone has guests over and serves this monstrosity to them. 

Can you imagine a Christmas dinner with a box of Jack's? 

No no no no no. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.

Absolutely not.

It's a scam. I'm not sure real potatoes are as easy to prepare, but they are still very, very easy to prepare.

We easily and quickly make all sorts of things from real potatoes.  I agree, once you graduate to real potatoes from the heathen fake boxed stuff our evil culture foists upon us, there's no going back.
(10-08-2012, 02:03 PM)Joamy Wrote:

Absolutely not.

Besides, you cannot play Mr Potato Head with a box of instant potatoes. Just sayin. 

This is not necessarily a bad thing.  While Mr. Potato Head might not be intrinsically problematic, it often leads to the pernicious feminist manifestation, Mrs Potato Head.  There are even instances of combining Mr and Mrs pieces on the same potato.

Instant mashed potatoes may be an abuse, but we should not allow this to lead us to idealize real potatoes.  They have issues too.
It's a byproduct of the plot to co-opt Catholics. First they offered us better jobs, which necessitated moving to the burbs, and we all know, the prots of burbia starting in the 50's, ate frozen tv dinners by swanson, and all of them contained instant pottoes, but frozen.  This is how they created this addiction to the society at large. It's also the reason "trads" and some "conservative" catholics rejecting this immoral society, and thus evil wicked instant mashed potatoes, to this day, nearly 100 years later, boil their own. There also some Protestants cults, which cling to ancient morality received or stolen from the Catholic Church, who have also refused to eat them, some are the Amish, and ELCA of Wisconsin. This single issue is so divisive, and possibly key to unraveling the moral decline of Western Civilization, and since having no scholarly papers put forth, it appears the Liberals in Universities that control Doctorate programs in Political Science and Liberal Arts, have purposely not allowed any papers to be written on this important subject.

Conspiracy Writ Large.

just sayin',

tim
I've never bought instant potatoes, except for backpacking.  Unfortunately, I don't eat all that many real potatoes, since they make you buy 5lbs and they don't keep that long.  If I could get them in smaller quantities, I might eat more.
I don't know where you are but even the big supermarket chains here in Chicago sell potatoes singly. I usually buy four of the huge Idaho russets every other week. The long molecules in the Idaho make the best mashed. Red waxy and yukons have shorter molecules and do not have the same "feel" on the tongue.

tim