Instant mashed potatoes
Dust, you can freeze mashed potatoes
(10-08-2012, 02:46 PM)JayneK Wrote: While Mr. Potato Head might not be intrinsically problematic, it often leads to the pernicious feminist manifestation, Mrs Potato Head. 

Mrs. Potato Head is a devoted wife. In what way is she a feminist?
(10-08-2012, 03:10 PM)Dust Wrote: Unfortunately, I don't eat all that many real potatoes, since they make you buy 5lbs and they don't keep that long.  If I could get them in smaller quantities, I might eat more.

Where do you shop? I can buy single potatoes at the grocery store.
(10-08-2012, 04:23 PM)piabee Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 02:46 PM)JayneK Wrote: While Mr. Potato Head might not be intrinsically problematic, it often leads to the pernicious feminist manifestation, Mrs Potato Head. 

Mrs. Potato Head is a devoted wife. In what way is she a feminist?

Well there aren't any little Potato Heads, so it is possible she uses contraception (I suspect an "eye"UD) although we ought to give her the benefit of the doubt.  But even if she isn't a feminist personally, there is the ontological problem of why Mrs. Potato Head exists in the first place. She came into being as part of the movement to assail all-male institutions and insist on the inclusion of women. Thanks to Mrs. Potato Head and her ilk there are scarcely any male preserves left.  And while potato preserves might not sound appetizing, they are probably better than instant mashed potatoes.
(10-08-2012, 12:16 PM)Tim Wrote: That is the crux of the problem with the "talks". + Williamson want the Idaho potato dogma defined, and all that use instant to be anathema sit. I agree.

hehehehe

tim
(10-08-2012, 02:54 PM)Tim Wrote: It's a byproduct of the plot to co-opt Catholics. First they offered us better jobs, which necessitated moving to the burbs, and we all know, the prots of burbia starting in the 50's, ate frozen tv dinners by swanson, and all of them contained instant pottoes, but frozen.  This is how they created this addiction to the society at large. It's also the reason "trads" and some "conservative" catholics rejecting this immoral society, and thus evil wicked instant mashed potatoes, to this day, nearly 100 years later, boil their own. There also some Protestants cults, which cling to ancient morality received or stolen from the Catholic Church, who have also refused to eat them, some are the Amish, and ELCA of Wisconsin. This single issue is so divisive, and possibly key to unraveling the moral decline of Western Civilization, and since having no scholarly papers put forth, it appears the Liberals in Universities that control Doctorate programs in Political Science and Liberal Arts, have purposely not allowed any papers to be written on this important subject.

Conspiracy Writ Large.

just sayin',

tim

:LOL:
(10-08-2012, 04:23 PM)piabee Wrote:
(10-08-2012, 03:10 PM)Dust Wrote: Unfortunately, I don't eat all that many real potatoes, since they make you buy 5lbs and they don't keep that long.  If I could get them in smaller quantities, I might eat more.
Where do you shop? I can buy single potatoes at the grocery store.
Hmmm.... I will try to remember to look for this the next time I'm there.  Maybe I saw them once but they were way overpriced or something.  I don't eat them often, but when I do I always end up with a bunch left over that end up sprouting before I can eat them...
(10-08-2012, 07:07 PM)JayneK Wrote: She came into being as part of the movement to assail all-male institutions and insist on the inclusion of women.

I would normally agree with this sort of argument, but could not one say that Mrs. Potato Head was created in the same spirit as Genesis 2:18, «And the Lord God said: It is not good for man to be alone: let us make him a help like unto himself»?

Also, I never did like instant mashed potatoes. Clearly a tool of the evil one, because for the longest time they fooled me into thinking that mashed potatoes themselves tasted bad; it wasn't until some three years ago that I saw the truth, and the fake for what it was.
(10-08-2012, 09:44 PM)m.PR Wrote: Also, I never did like instant mashed potatoes. Clearly a tool of the evil one, because for the longest time they fooled me into thinking that mashed potatoes themselves tasted bad; it wasn't until some three years ago that I saw the truth, and the fake for what it was.

Profound! That does seem to be how the Father of Lies works.
(10-08-2012, 09:36 PM)Dust Wrote: Maybe I saw them once but they were way overpriced or something.  I don't eat them often, but when I do I always end up with a bunch left over that end up sprouting before I can eat them...

You probably get the best price on the large bags, but if you have to throw them out you're losing money.
(10-08-2012, 07:07 PM)JayneK Wrote: Well there aren't any little Potato Heads, so it is possible she uses contraception (I suspect an "eye"UD) although we ought to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I always assumed they were a middle-aged couple and too old to have children.
(10-08-2012, 07:07 PM)JayneK Wrote: Well there aren't any little Potato Heads, so it is possible she uses contraception (I suspect an "eye"UD) although we ought to give her the benefit of the doubt. 

[Image: family.jpg]

Mrs. Potato Head was introduced in 1953 (1 year after the release of Mr. Potato Head) along with her children Brother Spud and Sister Yam. 
(10-09-2012, 09:02 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:

[Image: family.jpg]

Mrs. Potato Head was introduced in 1953 (1 year after the release of Mr. Potato Head) along with her children Brother Spud and Sister Yam. 

Brother Spud and Sister Yam?  Sounds like a Fransiscan plot.