Archdiocese of Vienna closing most of it's parishes
The SSPX needs to write a letter to the Cardinal asking for the churches.
(10-16-2012, 04:33 AM)Walty Wrote: This is their goal.  First Protestantism helped many leave the Church.  Then secularism ended the Church's influence and reign in the West.  Now Modernism is combining all that and more to dismantle Christ's Church from inside.  They're packing away the stoles, the tabernacles, etc.  Time to put that all away.  They'll give us a century or less of feel good "common priesthood" stuff, and then all desire for the divine will be directed toward Man.

They schooled us, with the help of their Master.  Unfortunately for them, the check-mate is waiting just around the corner.  We have the Lord.  And in their hubris, they've been duped into thinking He's a figment of our imagination.  Oh, how wrong they're about to be.

Quite, quite true - I try to think 'courage, Patrick - Deus vult!' and as you say, whatever awful rampages the godless and the enemy in the Church manage to mount, we have the word of our Lord that the Church will prevail.
(10-16-2012, 05:13 AM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote: The SSPX needs to write a letter to the Cardinal asking for the churches.

Has there ever been a case where a Novus Ordo/Concilliar  bishop or prelate  granted the SSPX a nice church?
(10-16-2012, 04:14 AM)PatrickG Wrote: Good heavens - I find the 'Lay-people celebrating the ''Liturgy of the Word''' (i.e. Mass of the Catechumens) extremely chilling. It'll be 'lay presidency' or as I put it apostasy, grand heresy and appalling desecration of the priesthood, next.  Heresy is going to run riot - then again, the Austrian priesthood is already in open rebellion against the Pontiff over celibacy.

Yes, it's very bad. Around these parts we have these annual parish retreats called "Christ Renews His Parish", or CHIRP. They are lay retreats, run by laymen and consist mainly of participants from past years giving "testimonials" and generally spouting off and sermonizing.

It's the same reason I never opened my freshman class for discussion. Who the Hell cares about their opinion? If I want to know about a subject, why should I listen to some amateur? Though it sounds so obvious it may seem superfluous, and yet no one any more seems to know it: Teaching ought to be reserved to those who know.
(10-16-2012, 07:08 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 04:14 AM)PatrickG Wrote: Good heavens - I find the 'Lay-people celebrating the ''Liturgy of the Word''' (i.e. Mass of the Catechumens) extremely chilling. It'll be 'lay presidency' or as I put it apostasy, grand heresy and appalling desecration of the priesthood, next.  Heresy is going to run riot - then again, the Austrian priesthood is already in open rebellion against the Pontiff over celibacy.

Yes, it's very bad. Around these parts we have these annual parish retreats called "Christ Renews His Parish", or CHIRP. They are lay retreats, run by laymen and consist mainly of participants from past years giving "testimonials" and generally spouting off and sermonizing.

It's the same reason I never opened my freshman class for discussion. Who the Hell cares about their opinion? If I want to know about a subject, why should I listen to some amateur? Though it sounds so obvious it may seem superfluous, and yet no one any more seems to know it: Teaching ought to be reserved to those who know.

There are some extremely intelligent and learned posters on FE.  Just because it's the internet doesn't mean that everyone is a moron.

In fact, I think we've had some PhDs post here before.  They certainly have more authority than you.  And your rejection of that just disproves everything you're saying.  You want to only listen to those with authority, but then you reject those with authority that you don't like.
Looks like it's Goodnight Vienna then.