Nun caught stealing beers
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/10...ing-beers/

-------------

Snippet: PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – A thief with an apparent bad “habit” is creating a lot of buzz on the internet.

A surveillance video has gone viral that shows someone dressed as a nun stealing beer from a store.

In the video, the individual, dressed in full nun garb from head to toe, opens a sliding glass freezer and grabs a beer. The “nun” looks around to make sure no one is looking and then places the beer underneath her clothing.

-------------

Definitely not a nun, she was wearing a habit.  :LOL:
Perhaps she was a devotee of St. Hildegard of Bingen?
I was just going to ask what order!  :LOL:

The Satanic Chattering Nuns of St. Beryl?
She was obviously from the Sisters of St. Pauli Girl. 

How do they know she's not really a nun?
(10-10-2012, 03:54 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: How do they know she's not really a nun?

(10-10-2012, 09:40 AM)onosurf Wrote: Definitely not a nun, she was wearing a habit.  :LOL:

Whether she is a nun or not, the entire story and video is Anti-Catholic. And I think we should sick Bill Donahue on them. If they caught her on tape why did they not arrest her and find out?

Yeah, I get it, it does have a man bites dog angle to it. But we are talking about a total retail theft of $5. Meanwhile they do a good job of pretending certain minorities are not committing crimes.

Of course the other idea that is not being floated about is she may have a little holder in her habit and maybe she has bad hands or did not want the cold to chill her. For all we know she went to the counter, emptied her habit, and paid for it and received a paper bag. Or the three large items were too much for her to handle. She looks like a tiny thing with little hands.

Maybe the Sisters were going to make bratwurst that evening and needed a couple of large cans of beer to boil them in. Or maybe a priest was coming over for dinner and they knew he likes a beer with his meal.

Unless you walk out of the store with the items without paying, you are guilty of nothing.

The biggest crime here is that I had to sit through a minute of a gay morning show promotion before getting to the actual story.

I have heard that alcoholism is a problem among those in religious life.  I was shocked when I heard it, but this video bears it out.  That looks like a real nun to me. 
Since they have her on video in a habit - that should make it easy to apprehend her if she is a real nun - we ahve to wait and see. 
(10-10-2012, 04:31 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: I have heard that alcoholism is a problem among those in religious life.  I was shocked when I heard it, but this video bears it out.  That looks like a real nun to me. 

Never heard this or had cause to suspect such a scandalous thing, and I know many religious.