Please vote on Fr. Z poll
Fr. Zuhlsdorf (aka "Fr. Z") has posted a poll, asking if the problems in the Church today are mostly due to Vatican II.  So far, the "no" response is edging "yes," 54-46%.

Fr. Z likes to ask his readers to vote on polls at other sites, so it's only fair to use his modus operandi.

The poll is here:  http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/10/vatican-ii/

Please vote "yes"!
Done.

Perhaps someone could make a poll here (Mithrandyaln?)

Is VII per we problematic, or is it's "common interpretation/understanding/spirit" to blame.

Such a distinction is what separates a trad from a neo con.

Added: Impy, by linking that poll, you may have unknowingly sealed the deal for the "no" crowd.

Just keeping it real.
We're gaining!  At 12:07 p.m. EST, it's 52-47%.
I'm in a weird position. On the one hand I think the Vatican II documents *properly understood* are not problematic. This is why lefties were always going on about the "Spirit" of Vatican II, i.e., because the letter of Vatican II didn't support any of their abuses.

On the other hand it is clearly written in a style that should have been obviously a problem, so filled with qualifications, misappropriations of modern language, etc. The letter of Vatican II may not be responsible for the mess but one can easily see how the Church's enemies abstracted from it an ephemeral "Spirit" with which to do their wicked works.

So I guess I'm voting yes, though my position is a little more nuanced than some folks'.
(10-12-2012, 11:07 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: Done.

Perhaps someone could make a poll here (Mithrandyaln?)

Is VII per we problematic, or is it's "common interpretation/understanding/spirit" to blame.

Such a distinction is what separates a trad from a neo con.

Added: Impy, by linking that poll, you may have unknowingly sealed the deal for the "no" crowd.

Just keeping it real.

Ill. Do this when I'm home from work. That will be the best indication of how many neocats are here. Probably even bwtter than the poll that showed close to half od fe would attend the no

From phone
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
Done.
Voted Yes.
At 12:53 p.m. EST, there are only 43 votes separating the yes and no vote. Come on, we need more votes for yes!
Quote:Huh? There are no problems in the Church today!
  LOL
(10-12-2012, 12:55 PM)Axona Wrote:
Quote:Huh? There are no problems in the Church today!
  LOL

There are 4 people who are living on another planet. They actually voted for that. They must be bishops.
They yes vote briefly cracked 48% before going back down to 47%. Is this poll being posted at the other Trad forums? We need all the help we can get. The no vote is still gaining votes.