And the celebrant is...
Out of curiosity, what function, exactly, does a Carabinier serve in the Institute's liturgy?
[/quote]

I am not sure, but they could possibly serve in adding solemnity to  the ceremony, much like the Swiss guards present during the Papal High Masses, coronations , and funerals of the pre- Conciliar era.
(10-12-2012, 11:04 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: An honour guard, just like Fourth Degree Knights of Columbus in uniform?

Where can I get some gendarmes for my local TLM?
(10-12-2012, 07:18 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 07:00 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: solemn novus ordo??

Oxymoron?

ETA: Anyways, if it turns out BXVI celebrates the TLM, it will once and for all solidify him as a staunchly and unquestionably traditional pope.  The doubters will have no more reason to doubt once he says the mass which he loves and liberated for the first time time in decades.

Where do you get that?  Karl Rahner said the TLM.  Saying a TLM would be good political theater and it would be good for his soul and a not a bad thing in general but it could also be simply a gesture to "shut the trade up."  He has to RULE as a traditionalist, not simply be a smells and bells Pope with the mind and heart of the Novus Ordo. 

What would solidify him as traditional Pope would probably not be possible at this point.  He would have to recant a number of his own actions, correct the errors of the Council, related to the Council, condemn the actions and inactions of his predecessors, declare spiritual war on the "turn toward Man." End false ecumenism, preach salvation and FIRE and BRIMSTONE, be narrow and uncompromising, have the world hate him beyond words. 

That would be the traditional Pope we need. 

Quote:Out of curiosity, what function, exactly, does a Carabinier serve in the Institute's liturgy?

I thought men were supposed to have their heads uncovered during Mass? So what's he doing wearing his hat?
(10-12-2012, 11:26 PM)MichaelNZ Wrote:
Quote:Out of curiosity, what function, exactly, does a Carabinier serve in the Institute's liturgy?

I thought men were supposed to have their heads uncovered during Mass? So what's he doing wearing his hat?

Matter of custom. In 16th century Spain it was unthinkable for a man to be bareheaded in Church.
Gerard I was being sarcastic. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(10-12-2012, 11:27 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Gerard I was being sarcastic. 

Oops.  Sorry about that.  Tragic that I took it seriously.  I think I've had to deal with too many like that recently. 
(10-12-2012, 07:18 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 07:00 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: solemn novus ordo??

Oxymoron?

Lol
(10-12-2012, 11:27 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 11:26 PM)MichaelNZ Wrote:

Matter of custom. In 16th century Spain it was unthinkable for a man to be bareheaded in Church.

Even in places/time in which men are expected to be bareheaded, there are exceptions.  Obviously liturgical ones (zuchetto, biretta, mitre). But non-liturgical ones too. In the US we still see 4th degree Knights, never bareheaded, at Mass.
(10-12-2012, 11:30 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 11:27 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Gerard I was being sarcastic. 

Oops.  Sorry about that.  Tragic that I took it seriously.  I think I've had to deal with too many like that recently. 

LOL

Sarcasm like that doesn't work much anymore. Because there are more members these days who are like that.