And the celebrant is...
(10-12-2012, 11:30 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(10-12-2012, 11:27 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Gerard I was being sarcastic. 

Oops.  Sorry about that.  Tragic that I took it seriously.  I think I've had to deal with too many like that recently. 

No problem.  I wrote it the way I did for a reason.  To anyone who would say what I said (seriously) you should say it outloud first.

If Benedict celebrates the TLM for the first time in decades, the first time in public in his entire pontificate, he proves that he is clearly traditional.

Say it outloud a few times.  Something won't click, I guarantee it.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
For people out of the loop, there was an Internet dream that B16 would say the TLM at this Mass.  It is organized under the auspices for thanking the Pope for granting 'permission' to say the TLM, which is, as we know, one form of many, completely equal to the Novus Ordo, just one choice in our ecumenical, Conciliar Church!
(10-13-2012, 01:44 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: For people out of the loop, there was an Internet dream that B16 would say the TLM at this Mass.  It is organized under the auspices for thanking the Pope for granting 'permission' to say the TLM, which is, as we know, one form of many, completely equal to the Novus Ordo, just one choice in our ecumenical, Conciliar Church!

The Baskin Robbins Church. 31 flavors, with the TLM as one among many (including Taize, mariachi, LifeTeen, smells and bells "OF,", etc.)

Let's not forget this, from a high ranking prelate (even papabile, and favorite amongst neoconservatives):

The Neocatechumenal Way:

[Image: ratzinger-messa.jpg]
Isn't +Schoenborn a good close friend of our closet-traditionalist pope?

LOL
I think this trumps all the previous. From the Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida

(10-13-2012, 03:15 AM)TerraMariana Wrote: I think this trumps all the previous. From the Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida

What a culture-clash...
(10-13-2012, 03:15 AM)TerraMariana Wrote: I think this trumps all the previous. From the Basilica of the National Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida

My God, what a nightmare.  What is this?
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(10-13-2012, 02:02 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: Let's not forget this, from a high ranking prelate (even papabile, and favorite amongst neoconservatives):

Perhaps I am gravely uninformed, but since when is Schönborn a "conservative"? I don't know much about him but I thought he was a middle-of-the-road JPII moderate; reinstated homosexual on parish council, strongly anti-FSSPX, no memorable remarks in favor of Tradition or criticizing liberal Catholicism, etc.

Why is he considered a conservative? I gather that the average post-VII bishop in the German milieu is more progressive than in America, so is he just considered conservative by comparison?
I've never heard Schönborn called a "conservative".

Anyway, he's not the mystery celebrant. There are plenty of threads about abuses and lax clerics... this isn't one of them.
(10-12-2012, 10:44 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: Out of curiosity, what function, exactly, does a Carabinier serve in the Institute's liturgy?

I believe he is there to make arrests for liturgical infractions.