And the celebrant is...
There is no reason for Benedict XVI, if he is consistent with what he has already said and done as Pope, to offer the TLM. It is the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite, of which the Ordinary Form is just that - the Ordinary Form. Since the Pope should set the example for the rest of the Church, especially the Latin Church liturgically, he should offer the liturgy after the same manner as nearly everyone else. Why use an extraordinary form if it is the same Rite?
(10-13-2012, 09:17 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: what appeared the jumbo "cake" matter for the Eucharist (which if they added ingrediants COULD mean the mass was invalid)

I'm not afraid to say that I'm morally certain that there was nothing even close to validity there.  Cakes, balloons, and rock music?  How on earth can someone who allows that intend to confect the Sacrament?  The Church intends to call down the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of the King of Kings.  These people obviously don't have that same goal.
(10-14-2012, 12:23 AM)Pheo Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 09:17 PM)DustinsDad Wrote: what appeared the jumbo "cake" matter for the Eucharist (which if they added ingrediants COULD mean the mass was invalid)

I'm not afraid to say that I'm morally certain that there was nothing even close to validity there.  Cakes, balloons, and rock music?  How on earth can someone who allows that intend to confect the Sacrament?  The Church intends to call down the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of the King of Kings.  These people obviously don't have that same goal.
I hear ya. I was speaking as to the matter. As for the intent...that's a scary thought. I try not to go there and just hope and pray thats its just ignorance/poor formation, and somehow the Lord supplies what is lacking in that department. Scary thought indeed if not the case. Lord help us
*shrug*

He genuflects in the video.  [sarcasm]Surely that should be proof enough that he meant to confect the Eucharist, and that everything is A-OK.[/sarcasm]

*shudders*
Umm, unless I'm mistaken intent is assumed based on form. 

Unless there is a defect in form, intent can't be doubted.  Even in the situation above.  As easy as it is to think, I really don't think that's the case.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(10-14-2012, 06:26 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Umm, unless I'm mistaken intent is assumed based on form. 

Unless there is a defect in form, intent can't be doubted.  Even in the situation above.  As easy as it is to think, I really don't think that's the case.

QFT
Could I get a translation of QFT?
(10-14-2012, 10:23 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: Could I get a translation of QFT?

I am not 100% positive, but it could be Quoted For Truth  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFT
(10-14-2012, 10:29 PM)OmniaInstaurareInChristo Wrote:
(10-14-2012, 10:23 PM)JuniorCouncilor Wrote: Could I get a translation of QFT?

I am not 100% positive, but it could be Quoted For Truth  http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFT

Yes, that's it.  It's what all the kids are saying nowadays.  Which makes me wonder why an elderly gentleman like Jovan would say it, but that's neither here nor there.  Sneaky
I'm too old for this stuff, and I'm under 30.  When I talk in a foreign tongue, I stick with one of the traditional ones like Latin or Sanskrit.