Poll: The Problems in the Church Today are Due Mainly to: (Please read OP for details)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crisis: Where Does the Blame Lie?
(10-13-2012, 12:33 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 12:25 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 10:20 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 09:58 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 01:41 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: The poll asking where FEs went to Mass was initially favored by the traditionalists, and was soon overrun with neocaths.  As was the other poll mith posted...  the sede one?  Or something.

You are still referring to trads on FE who disagree with you neocaths.  No matter how many times Vox says that posters should use the definition from the FE site, you just won't listen.  For you  "trad = people who agree with CC". 

No jayne he's referring to neocats as neocats

He is talking about people who call themselves trads, fit the FE definition of trad, and post here regularly.   It is offensive and petty, as well as dishonest, to keep on calling these people neocaths. 

What is wrong with you people who keep doing this?  Don't you care that you are ignoring the forum owner?  Don't you care about all the bad feeling it stirs up?  You have tantrums when people use terminology that you disapprove of, but insist on saying whatever you like.  Because you are the "true trads" and rules and courtesy are for other people. :crazy:

A neo conservative is a neo conservative. George W. Bush and Karl Rove are neo cons (compared to, say, Robert Taft). Just because they say they are conservative doesnt make it so.

I am not trying to challenge the forum rules or the forum owner, but calling it as it is. Also, I am not calling into question anyone's Catholicity (unless there is some public pertinacity).

I am calling it as it is when I say that you are challenging the forum owner and forum rules when you use "neocath" for people who fit the forum definition of traditional Catholics .  If you don't believe me, ask her. 
If she has a problem with me as a poster, she certainly can inform me. You can protest and report all you like, but you are not a moderator.

I know my place, and wouldn't cross the line with Vox. I am a guest in her house, and if she has a problem with me, I'll listen.
(10-13-2012, 10:57 AM)Guardian Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 10:33 AM)Might_4_Right Wrote: The way I see it.

No Vatican II
No documents. 

No documents
No ambiguous text.

No ambiguous text
No misinterpretation.

No misinterpretation
No massive rupture.

No massive rupture
No massive crises in the church.

That's a pretty good and concise breakdown of the situation. 

Thanks, Guardian. Just telling it like I see it.
(10-13-2012, 12:41 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: If she has a problem with me as a poster, she certainly can inform me. You can protest and report all you like, but you are not a moderator.

I know my place, and wouldn't cross the line with Vox. I am a guest in her house, and if she has a problem with me, I'll listen.

No, I am not a moderator.  I am just a person with good enough reading comprehension to have figured out that Vox does not like some members calling other members "neocaths".  You, and CC and Mith should have been able to figure it out too.  You also should be grown up enough to behave without "mommy" coming and making you.
I honestly dislike what you are doing. I am not trying to test the waters.

It appears to me that you always make things a big deal. Especially if it's a view contrary to your own. Yet, when a neocon who tends to troll makes a thread accusing the SSPX of "hubris," there is a conspicuous silence.
(10-13-2012, 12:54 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: I honestly dislike what you are doing. I am not trying to test the waters.

It appears to me that you always make things a big deal. Especially if it's a view contrary to your own. Yet, when a neocon who tends to troll makes a thread accusing the SSPX of "hubris," there is a conspicuous silence.

I have defended people with whom I disagree countless times.  If you do not notice it, I says more about your perception of me than my actions.
(10-13-2012, 12:56 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 12:54 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: I honestly dislike what you are doing. I am not trying to test the waters.

I have defended people with whom I disagree countless times.  If you do not notice it, I says more about your perception of me than my actions.

Yes, and you've even defended me. When have I ever had a problem with you as a poster?

I just don't like how you seem to take on the "mommy" role that you implied I tried to test.
Blaming others. Again.

I smell a stake.
I voted for the first option, although I haven't studied v2 doc well enough to comment on a specific. I just learned today about Gaudiem et Spes and the ends of marriage. What a huge red flag. I agree with PI, Mith and Mark sums up my experience. The sacredness of and focus of Mass seemed to change post V2. I think many people are looking for something sacred and bigger than themselves but the opening of the Church seemed to strip away it's core in God first and gave more attention and exceptions to secularism. It seemed to make a way for dissidents to take advantage and reinterpret and change many unchangable things, leading many into confusion, broken souls and loss of faith.
Another thing I am curious about it the idea of perfecting ones self seems to be a goal now which is eastern philosophy, how is this slowly start blending with Catholicism when it shouldn't be? What happened to teaching being in a state of grace and sacrifice?
(10-13-2012, 02:11 PM)kingofspades Wrote: Blaming others. Again.

I smell a stake.

I love that a Novus Ordo Catholic priest is publicly as petty as the rest of us. 

It is humorous to me.