"Eleison Comments" by Mgr. Williamson - Issue CCLXXIV - 274
(10-15-2012, 10:43 AM)FlosCampi Wrote: Bishop Williamson  has been expelled from the Society of SSPX.

:(( Sad but not surprising.

So far, this has all been rumors. Nothing official yet.
(10-15-2012, 01:43 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 10:43 AM)FlosCampi Wrote: Bishop Williamson  has been expelled from the Society of SSPX.

When you have the same intel (with accidental variations) coming from multiple laymen and priests, count it confirmed. Anything official will just be PR.
(10-15-2012, 02:24 PM)Graham Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 01:43 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:

When you have the same intel (with accidental variations) coming from multiple laymen and priests, count it confirmed. Anything official will just be PR.

Could you provide some links? All I've seen besides "my priest said" is this from a French website:
Quote:Il est demandé à Mgr Williamson de s'exécuter dans les 10 jours "ouvrés" (ce sont les termes employés!) sinon il sera définitivement exclu de la FSSPX.

(10-15-2012, 02:53 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: All I've seen besides "my priest said"

What's wrong with my priest said? My priest lives with the district superior.

Go ahead and wait for Menzingen's PR release. Me I'm treating it as confirmed. We already knew it was coming.

This is the same priest who told me that Fr. Fox was being disciplined, minutes after Fr. Fox learned it himself.
(10-15-2012, 03:13 PM)Graham Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 02:53 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: All I've seen besides "my priest said"

What's wrong with my priest said? My priest lives with the district superior.

I trust you, but not all.
Quote:Go ahead and wait for Menzingen's PR release. Me I'm treating it as confirmed. We already knew it was coming.

Yeah, I knew it was brewing for a while, but in any case, life goes on. This doesn't immediately affect +W (he'll keep trucking, so to speak) nor the SSPX (hundreds of priests, plus Bps. Tissier and de Galarreta).
(10-13-2012, 02:05 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: ELMER GANTRY

Such is the world around us. All it asks is to be deceived. That is why we are living in a world of Satan’s lies. We do not want God. Now, life without him cannot work - see Ps. 126, v.1, and just look around you - but we desperately want to believe that life works best of all without him. In effect we say to our leaders, “We elected you to tell us good, strong lies, and to hold us tight in our godlessness. Please do a 9/11, a 7/7 (U.K.’s 9/11), or anything you like, just so long as we can go on believing in you as a substitute for God to look after us. The bigger the lie, the more we will believe it, but you must hold us tight. Tighten up our police states as much as you like, but you must keep out God.”

Is it any wonder we have the satanic world we have ?

Kyrie eleison.

I liked it until the last paragraph.  Is the Bishop saying that we are being deceived about 9/11?  There are so many other good ways he could have concluded this.
Phllipus is just applying the "trust but verify" approach, which in trad circles is the way to go, IMO.  By saying this I do not doubt your sincerity, just that more needs to be shown to run with it.   True, it certainly will not be a shock to us who have followed any of the goings on  of the last few years, but the fat lady has not sung so loud that all of us here can clearly hear her.  

Joe

(10-13-2012, 02:05 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: In effect we say to our leaders, “We elected you to tell us good, strong lies, and to hold us tight in our godlessness. Please do a 9/11, a 7/7 (U.K.’s 9/11), or anything you like, just so long as we can go on believing in you as a substitute for God to look after us.

Is he advancing the notion that the government perpetrated the 9/11 attacks?

If so, that would be the nadir of absurdity and crackpotism.
(10-15-2012, 09:37 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 02:05 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: In effect we say to our leaders, “We elected you to tell us good, strong lies, and to hold us tight in our godlessness. Please do a 9/11, a 7/7 (U.K.’s 9/11), or anything you like, just so long as we can go on believing in you as a substitute for God to look after us.

If so, that would be the nadir of absurdity and crackpotism.

Well it took the "Society" 41 years to figure that out.