"Eleison Comments" by Mgr. Williamson - Issue CCLXXIV - 274
(10-15-2012, 09:37 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: Is he advancing the notion that the government perpetrated the 9/11 attacks?

If so, that would be the nadir of absurdity and crackpotism.
Why? They had lots of filthy blood lucre to be made off insurance settlements, something like $7-8 billion, wasn't it? And what about WTC-7, which wasn't even next door to the Twin Towers and it fell in the early evening. That had many SEC documents / evidence which were destroyed.

Plus, we all here know the MSM spreads many massive lies.
(10-15-2012, 09:41 PM)Cooler King Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 09:37 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote:
(10-13-2012, 02:05 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: In effect we say to our leaders, “We elected you to tell us good, strong lies, and to hold us tight in our godlessness. Please do a 9/11, a 7/7 (U.K.’s 9/11), or anything you like, just so long as we can go on believing in you as a substitute for God to look after us.

If so, that would be the nadir of absurdity and crackpotism.

Well it took the "Society" 41 years to figure that out.

Do you post anything here beside trashing the Society? 
It's his MO.

He constantly trolls, and if I had it my way, he'd be banned. Permanently.
(10-15-2012, 09:59 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: The negativity with which such a proposition must be assessed rules out any boundary of hyperbole. Its batshit insanity is self-evident.

This.
(10-15-2012, 10:45 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 10:40 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: Good ol' Feser:

http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2009/01/...ories.html

Can you give us a tl;dr?

"People who think the U.S. government was complicit in 9/11 or in the JFK assassination sometimes complain that those who dismiss them as 'conspiracy theorists' are guilty of inconsistency. For don’t the defenders of the 'official story' behind 9/11 themselves believe in a conspiracy, namely one masterminded by Osama bin Laden? Don’t they acknowledge the existence of conspiracies like Watergate, as well as everyday garden variety criminal conspiracies?"

Generally, a take-down of the paranoid mindset from a Thomistic angle.
At this point, everyone should believe the government was involved in 9/11.  I suppose you can believe it to varying degrees, but anybody's who's still believing Bush Jr's story needs to start paying closer attention.

Tho it's perfectly acceptable not to care.  This approach has worked wonders for me and I recommend it highly.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(10-16-2012, 03:15 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: It's his MO.

He constantly trolls, and if I had it my way, he'd be banned. Permanently.

Are you reporting his posts?  Vox can't do anything about it if she doesn't see it.
(10-15-2012, 09:59 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: The amount of personnel and money required to fake an attack on that level would be astronomical. And yet, over the past decade, not an iota of evidence has surfaced of this conspiracy or coverup, despite the fact that it pissed off an entire nation. Not a single member of USSOCOM... not a single junior or senior officer, DELTA operator, Navy SEAL, contractor, nobody... has come forward? So I'm supposed to believe that billions of dollars in funds just disappear, and thousands of people at all levels of government and civil life (who themselves had to be put in place over a course of years... so actually make that tens of thousands of people) simply clam up and remain silent... no one has a crisis of conscience, not one has a single moment of patriotic feeling for his country?

The negativity with which such a proposition must be assessed rules out any boundary of hyperbole. Its batshit insanity is self-evident.

This.  I wish Bat Boy were here.
Is the 'conspiracy' discussion over faking 9/11 or perpetrating it?

The government perperating 9/11 (is this what Gerard suggests is possible?)... I don't buy it, but it's within the realm of possibility I suppose.

The government *faking it*  (the towers weren't actually hit but removed some other way, no one died except people who were supposed to) ... that sounds impossible - this seems to be what Adeodatus is arguing against.

The government 'having a role' (a la Mith) is much more reasonable, though I don't buy this either.
(10-16-2012, 10:03 AM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: Is the 'conspiracy' discussion over faking 9/11 or perpetrating it?

The government perperating 9/11 (is this what Gerard suggests is possible?)... I don't buy it, but it's within the realm of possibility I suppose.

The government *faking it*  (the towers weren't actually hit but removed some other way, no one died except people who were supposed to) ... that sounds impossible - this seems to be what Adeodatus is arguing against.

The government 'having a role' (a la Mith) is much more reasonable, though I don't buy this either.

I don't have a set conclusion on the matter.  I've read a few articles watched a few videos, listened to a few lectures and there are mutliple speculations about the events and what could be deduced from available material. 

What I do know is the pattern of people who resort to ridicule and disparagement in order to stop a conversation.  They usually react with very little actual knowledge of events but are interested in preserving a narrative that is emotionally comforting. 

There is no crisis in the Church, the Pope is the Pope and (insert slogan) 'Where Peter is There is the Church" or "The Gates of Hell..."  or "Guided by the Holy SPIRIT"  etc.

There is no questioning evolution, the attacks are,"It's lunacy, criticizing evolution is Creationism"  "Intelligent Design is back door Creationism"  "Evolution is a fact. Period."  (lots of assertions, little proof of them) 

There is no questioning the "Holocaust."  the attacks are:  "Anyone who questions the Holocaust is evil, an anti-semite AND a nut on top of it."  Make it illegal to research the matter and make any conclusion other than the current narrative and you are toast. 

You can add any number of other subjects that will brook no straying from the common narrative, and any attempt will be met with character assassination, assertions etc. but never any real discussion or conclusive rebuttal. 

That mode of behavior utterly fails to be dissuasive and instead works against the credibility of the person or group making the attack.