"Eleison Comments" by Mgr. Williamson - Issue CCLXXIV - 274
(10-16-2012, 09:05 AM)JayneK Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 03:15 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: It's his MO.

He constantly trolls, and if I had it my way, he'd be banned. Permanently.

Are you reporting his posts?  Vox can't do anything about it if she doesn't see it.

Ive been for sure reporting his posts

He, however, gets a slap on the wrist and a verbal warning. 

And vox wonders why she comes across as partial to soft liners and neocatholics?
(10-16-2012, 12:19 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

Are you reporting his posts?  Vox can't do anything about it if she doesn't see it.

And vox wonders why she comes across as partial to soft liners and neocatholics?

Since I am a lawful good paladin, following the rules just comes naturally to me.  Right now, I going to follow the one about Moderators should be respected and not sassed or argued with about how they moderate.  
:grin:

I don't report many posts. Only about five, I think.
(10-16-2012, 12:44 PM)JayneK Wrote: I am a lawful good paladin

Wishful thinking. You lack the ability score prerequisites.
(10-16-2012, 12:44 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 12:19 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

Since I am a lawful good paladin, following the rules just comes naturally to me.  Right now, I going to follow the one about Moderators should be respected and not sassed or argued with about how they moderate.  

Vox has invited members to discuss this, though. Remember the "feedback" and "hardliners" threads?

This is just another example of the "soft line" lobbing a grenade over the line without any retaliation. This was okay when someone took pot shots at sedes, since they are a minority, but now that even the SSPX position has become the "hardline," people are mad.

A soft liner told a hardliner that he was leading his wife and household to Hell because of his stance. The poster did not apologize, respond to any criticisms, or face any punishment. I wonder though, what would have happened if a rabid SSPXer had said the same thing to you.
Quote: she cannot help herself wanting him to tell her that he loves her. She says: “Tell me a good, strong lie I can believe, but hold me tight.”

Single lads out there.  Read and learn.
(10-16-2012, 03:45 AM)Parmandur Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 10:45 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 10:40 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: Good ol' Feser:

http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2009/01/...ories.html

Can you give us a tl;dr?

"People who think the U.S. government was complicit in 9/11 or in the JFK assassination sometimes complain that those who dismiss them as 'conspiracy theorists' are guilty of inconsistency. For don’t the defenders of the 'official story' behind 9/11 themselves believe in a conspiracy, namely one masterminded by Osama bin Laden? Don’t they acknowledge the existence of conspiracies like Watergate, as well as everyday garden variety criminal conspiracies?"

Generally, a take-down of the paranoid mindset from a Thomistic angle.

Well worth reading in full. I had never read it but it is eminently reasonable. It's as impossible to 'study' 9/11 Trutherism as it is to 'study' thoroughgoing skepticism. You get into this with Descartes, as Feser rightly pointed out: if the genie can do anything, then it can make me think that 2+2 = 4 when in truth 2+2 = 5,728. It can do this because it can always alter at least whatever is not right in front of my consciousness at the time... any memory, any rule or formula or theorem is suspect because as soon as I turn my mind's eye away from it, I can no longer be sure.

For a similar reason, Trutherism or JFK conspiracy theories do not rise to the level of subjects for study because they don't meet the basic criteria that makes something able to be studied. If there are tens of thousands of people at all levels of government who have infinite money and 100% flawless and robotic support of Special Forces teams who casually betray their country and its citizens and do so with the efficiency of the Terminator then it's impossible to know anything at all. Alex Jones would slip in the shower or choke on a Big Mac or something. It's preposterous on its face.

I once argued an atheist into such a corner that he trotted out the sort of theory that I guess is convincing to British pagans. The theory is that the Roman Catholic Church has altered all the history books, even English ones, by the placement of secret agents at all levels of all governments and academic institutions. No one knows the truth any more about how ancient societies lived, all the evidence of the Hebrews and of Jesus and all early Church history has all been carefully planted by these spies who for centuries have deceived the entire planet. Obviously I did not continue to argue with this idiot. There's no point in me trying to prove that Vatican ninjas didn't do all these things. All I can do is try to patiently suggest that the fellow belongs in a nut house and leave it at that.
(10-16-2012, 02:36 PM)Graham Wrote:

Ha! I have amazing strength, speed, agility, wisdom and intelligence.  :grin:
(10-16-2012, 07:22 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 03:45 AM)Parmandur Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 10:45 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 10:40 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: Good ol' Feser:

http://edwardfeser.blogspot.com/2009/01/...ories.html

Can you give us a tl;dr?

"People who think the U.S. government was complicit in 9/11 or in the JFK assassination sometimes complain that those who dismiss them as 'conspiracy theorists' are guilty of inconsistency. For don’t the defenders of the 'official story' behind 9/11 themselves believe in a conspiracy, namely one masterminded by Osama bin Laden? Don’t they acknowledge the existence of conspiracies like Watergate, as well as everyday garden variety criminal conspiracies?"

Generally, a take-down of the paranoid mindset from a Thomistic angle.

Well worth reading in full. I had never read it but it is eminently reasonable. It's as impossible to 'study' 9/11 Trutherism as it is to 'study' thoroughgoing skepticism. You get into this with Descartes, as Feser rightly pointed out: if the genie can do anything, then it can make me think that 2+2 = 4 when in truth 2+2 = 5,728. It can do this because it can always alter at least whatever is not right in front of my consciousness at the time... any memory, any rule or formula or theorem is suspect because as soon as I turn my mind's eye away from it, I can no longer be sure.

For a similar reason, Trutherism or JFK conspiracy theories do not rise to the level of subjects for study because they don't meet the basic criteria that makes something able to be studied. If there are tens of thousands of people at all levels of government who have infinite money and 100% flawless and robotic support of Special Forces teams who casually betray their country and its citizens and do so with the efficiency of the Terminator then it's impossible to know anything at all. Alex Jones would slip in the shower or choke on a Big Mac or something. It's preposterous on its face.

I once argued an atheist into such a corner that he trotted out the sort of theory that I guess is convincing to British pagans. The theory is that the Roman Catholic Church has altered all the history books, even English ones, by the placement of secret agents at all levels of all governments and academic institutions. No one knows the truth any more about how ancient societies lived, all the evidence of the Hebrews and of Jesus and all early Church history has all been carefully planted by these spies who for centuries have deceived the entire planet. Obviously I did not continue to argue with this idiot. There's no point in me trying to prove that Vatican ninjas didn't do all these things. All I can do is try to patiently suggest that the fellow belongs in a nut house and leave it at that.
Two things : any religion that capable and far seeing to control every single historical evidence ever , I'd WANT to join up! Two, if the Church really is that powerful, what's one guy's life to them, i.e. why is he not dead?
(10-16-2012, 09:08 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 02:36 PM)Graham Wrote:

Ha! I have amazing strength, speed, agility, wisdom and intelligence.  :grin:

You lack the humility score to be a 'lawful good paladin.'

However you qualify for and may apply for 'unlawful bad paladin.'