Bishop's Letter regarding SSPX in Calgary, Canada
(10-15-2012, 12:14 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: His Lordship, Bishop Henry is probably the most Trad friendly bishop in Canada. Calgary has an active FSSP Apostolate under his aegis which also supplies the Archdiocese of Edmonton whose Ordinary is not nearly as 'friendly'.

He is also the bishop that banned Communion on the Tongue during the H1N1 flu scare, even though there were people telling him COTT was not dangerous. He still banned it during that time forcing Communion in the Hand. The FSSP would not allow it during the TLM, and had to cancel Massses. He even refused to compromise and work it out with the FSSP district supervisor. 
Cooler King are you a convert? Because anyone who has grown up in the Novus Ordo structure and made their way to tradition would agree with Philipus.

There is a crisis in the church, if you don't think so then I'm sorry to say that you're brainwashed by the Novus Ordo and you believe the lies and propaganda  that the masons and communists used to destroy the faith of so many Catholics.

If you don't think there is a crisis then why are traditionalists persecuted CONSTANTLY by the Novus Ordo hierarchy? Riddle me that Batman.
(10-15-2012, 12:21 PM)Cooler King Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 12:13 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: When "Lord I lift your name on high" replaces "Tantum Ergo," there is a problem.
Yeah.....

So, no response?

(10-15-2012, 12:13 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: When a good willed non-Catholic cannot go to his nearby parish for instruction for conversion, there is a problem.

Says who? The SSPX? Of course.
[/quote]

I'm not an SSPXer.
Quote:They do not want Catholics  attending their own parishes for instruction and conversion.

??? Je ne comprends pas.
Quote:Fact of the matter is CP, that the majority of converts (even on FE) went through some form of RCIA in their local parish.
Eventually, they sought out the TLM. Not the other way around. Never forget that.
Because the SSPx and other cultists want you to forget that.

Yes, many people went through RCIA and found it an absolute joke. I don't know about these "cultists."
Quote:
(10-15-2012, 12:13 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: When nearly every priest, including the bishops and highest authorities promote ecumenism, religious liberty, and collegiality, ther is a problem.

Their are half-truths in this statement. But it's not the truth.  You are generalizing and using an axe where a scalpel is appropriate.
It is nowhere "nearly every priest & highest authorities". This sounds like an SV talk about the magisterium.
Be careful there.

Oh, come off it. I didn't mention anything about the vacancy of the Holy See. Don't try to use the SV boogeyman to wiggle out of this.
(10-15-2012, 12:36 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: Cooler King are you a convert? Because anyone who has grown up in the Novus Ordo structure and made their way to tradition would agree with Philipus.

There is a crisis in the church, if you don't think so then I'm sorry to say that you're brainwashed by the Novus Ordo and you believe the lies and propaganda  that the masons and communists used to destroy the faith of so many Catholics.

If you don't think there is a crisis then why are traditionalists persecuted CONSTANTLY by the Novus Ordo hierarchy? Riddle me that Batman.
I would not be here if there wasn't a crisis.
However:
I am only saying that there is no "state of emergency" in the Church.
No such thing.
Crisis and State of Emergency are the same thing, and you didn't answer my question. Are you a convert?
(10-15-2012, 12:36 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: Cooler King are you a convert? Because anyone who has grown up in the Novus Ordo structure and made their way to tradition would agree with Philipus.

The FE site even mentions this:
fisheaters.com Wrote:So you're Catholic but are confused and dissatisfied. Your liturgy is in disarray, your R.C.I.A. class was barely Catholic, and you can hardly tell the difference between the religion you left and what you see going on in your parish. What's going on? Find out in this section, and demand the ancient Mass, all the traditional Sacramental rites, and sound traditional Catholic teaching.
(10-15-2012, 12:26 PM)MRose Wrote: Do I have to go to a diocesan-approved TLM when the Bishop comes and gives a sermon with questionable doctrine, or at least so full of holes one could drive a semi through it (this is not hypothetical, it happened yesterday)? Or I am I still not Catholic if I go to the SSPX Chapel in such cases?
Maybe I should address this directly to CoolerKing...
(10-15-2012, 12:42 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: Crisis and State of Emergency are the same thing, and you didn't answer my question.
No they are not the same thing.

The Church has been through many a crisis before.
Now, a "state of emergency" is the SSPX's justification for its existence as a "society". That is baloney.

The TLM was never abrogated. It is tru that many bishops did not give their permission to allow it to be said. But pope John Paul II did issue/ promulgate Quattuor Abhinc Annos.
Then Pope Benedict went over the bishops permission with Summorum Pontificum, his motu proprio.

Are there abuses in the NO mass?. Sure there is.
But instead of jumping ship like rats, some of us send out letters to our priests, bishops and archbishops, and we are heard.

(10-15-2012, 12:44 PM)MRose Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 12:26 PM)MRose Wrote: Do I have to go to a diocesan-approved TLM when the Bishop comes and gives a sermon with questionable doctrine, or at least so full of holes one could drive a semi through it (this is not hypothetical, it happened yesterday)? Or I am I still not Catholic if I go to the SSPX Chapel in such cases?
Maybe I should address this directly to CoolerKing...
Are you mute? You can send out letters to your own diocese.
Do you attend the TLM because of a homily?

Or do you just want to exit stage left and go to the SSPX and hear the bashing?
You can be heard. You have a voice. Just like everyone here.
Quote:Are there abuses in the NO mass?. Sure there is.

Even when dressed in all the smells and bells, it is an abuse. "A striking departure from Trent," as Cardinals Bacci and Ottaviani said. A bastard rite impregnanted with Protestantism, as Archbishop Lefebvre.
Quote:Are you mute? You can send out letters to your own diocese.

But instead of jumping ship like rats, some of us send out letters to our priests, bishops and archbishops, and we are heard.

You don't know me. I was part of a diocesan Latin Mass group for years. I played the game: letters, petitions; asking Novus Ordo pastors for permission to use their churches. Our priest was confined to serve as a hospital chaplain for decades, at one time renting a social hall, for most of his career.