Bishop's Letter regarding SSPX in Calgary, Canada
(10-15-2012, 01:04 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
Quote:Are there abuses in the NO mass?. Sure there is.

Even when dressed in all the smells and bells, it is an abuse. "A striking departure from Trent," as Cardinals Bacci and Ottaviani said. A bastard rite impregnanted with Protestantism, as Archbishop Lefebvre.
Quote:Are you mute? You can send out letters to your own diocese.

But instead of jumping ship like rats, some of us send out letters to our priests, bishops and archbishops, and we are heard.

You don't know me. I was part of a diocesan Latin Mass group for years. I played the game: letters, petitions; asking Novus Ordo pastors for permission to use their churches. Our priest was confined to serve as a hospital chaplain for decades, at one time renting a social hall, for most of his career.
This is no game.
How many years did you draft out letters? Decades? how old are you 60? I doubt it.
It is a game. At best, the most "trad friendly" prelate is simply a high church neo con.
(10-15-2012, 01:13 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: It is a game. At best, the most "trad friendly" prelate is simply a high church neo con.
So Cardinal Burke and Bishop Athanasius Schneider are neo-cons?
You are lost.
(10-15-2012, 12:54 PM)Cooler King Wrote: Or do you just want to exit stage left and go to the SSPX and hear the bashing?

Those of us who actually attend SSPX chapels know that there is very little "bashing" there.  Instead, what we get is solid Catholic doctrine.

The criticisms of the Novus Ordo establishment that I have heard during sermons have been more in the nature of mild asides.

You see, we're too busy getting on with our lives as Catholics.

I invite you to visit us sometime.
Still didn't answer my question.

But since you apparently went through RCIA then I'll just assume you are. People who grew up Catholic have a much better sense of the crisis than those who have converted recently.

And yes they're the same thing. How could a crisis in the church not be an emergency? A global apostasy of the faith is not an emergency? Please, spare me.
(10-15-2012, 01:20 PM)Cooler King Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 01:13 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: It is a game. At best, the most "trad friendly" prelate is simply a high church neo con.
You are lost.

They allowed the Novus Ordo in their diocese to flourish, so they play the neo-con game. If I was a bishop, with all I know about the Novus Ordo, I would forbid my priests to say it under pain of excommunication, and I would make them all take the oath against modernism and sign a document stating that they reject the errors of Vatican II.
(10-15-2012, 01:20 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 12:54 PM)Cooler King Wrote: Or do you just want to exit stage left and go to the SSPX and hear the bashing?

Those of us who actually attend SSPX chapels know that there is very little "bashing" there.  Instead, what we get is solid Catholic doctrine.

The criticisms of the Novus Ordo establishment have been more in the nature of mild asides.

Yes, very little bashing on their website when "doctrinal talks" are in session....
:eyeroll:
(10-15-2012, 01:21 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: But since you apparently went through RCIA then I'll just assume you are. People who grew up Catholic have a much better sense of the crisis than those who have converted recently.

We need to appreciate that adult converts to the Catholic faith have often converted precisely because of the issue of authority, which was lacking in their previous experience.  They look to the authority of the Church and they are right to do so.  As a result, however, any criticisms of that authority will seem a threat to their very faith.  We need to understand this and cut these folks some slack.  Those who come across as neocons or neo-Catholics are actually struggling for their faith when they defend these authorities.  Personally, I think they should not be here.  They are not ready for this and it does no good to them or to us.
(10-15-2012, 01:23 PM)Cooler King Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 01:20 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote:

The criticisms of the Novus Ordo establishment have been more in the nature of mild asides.

Yes, very little bashing on their website when "doctrinal talks" are in session....
:eyeroll:

Come and see.
(10-15-2012, 01:20 PM)Cooler King Wrote:

Without a doubt.
Quote:You are lost.

Just geographically mis-located