Rorate Caeli - Ridiculous thread/blog post
Over at Rorate Caeli, they have posted this blog post

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2012/10...chard.html

Quote:Dear readers, is it not strange that a couple of weeks ago the official website of the American District of the Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX) published an article which was clearly and openly critical of one of its bishops, Richard Williamson? [Here is a link to the McCall article]

We think we know what this means. Yet, we want to know what you think it means. Keep it civil but opine now.

I wanted to make a post  here, because even though I made a comment over at their blog, I know it will not go through. 

This is a joke of a blog post.  For a place that "took the moral high ground" in "covering" the SSPX leaked documents shenanigans, there can really be no good reason to just have an open thread with people's speculations and rumors.

Unless, of course, you're trying to generate readership and traffic to your blog.
At the very least, it seems silly to speculate too much in public until we know what's really going on.  A lot of stupid and baseless things are said, which is fine among friends, but that sort of public speculation before any official announcement can be dangerous.

I was sort of surprised to see that there isn't an official thread here about the recent rumors.  Maybe I missed it?
(10-15-2012, 02:12 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Over at Rorate Caeli, they have posted this blog post

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2012/10...chard.html

Quote:Dear readers, is it not strange that a couple of weeks ago the official website of the American District of the Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX) published an article which was clearly and openly critical of one of its bishops, Richard Williamson? [Here is a link to the McCall article]

We think we know what this means. Yet, we want to know what you think it means. Keep it civil but opine now.

I wanted to make a post  here, because even though I made a comment over at their blog, I know it will not go through. 

This is a joke of a blog post.  For a place that "took the moral high ground" in "covering" the SSPX leaked documents shenanigans, there can really be no good reason to just have an open thread with people's speculations and rumors.

Unless, of course, you're trying to generate readership and traffic to your blog.

They have a really big readership I think they are in the top 10 of Catholic blogs based on RSS reads or something like that. 
Yes, that is a ridiculous thread and I found it quite hypocritical that they would post such a thing, especially after the SSPX leaked letter thing and how they handled that.

I was quite surprised that my comment made it through.

I remember when I thought Rorate were uber crazy trad Catholics...
(10-15-2012, 12:35 PM)MRose Wrote: Yes, that is a ridiculous thread and I found it quite hypocritical that they would post such a thing, especially after the SSPX leaked letter thing and how they handled that.

Yeah. They claimed to want to take the "high road" in May, not then go on to create a thread asking for hearsay.
Quote:I remember when I thought Rorate were uber crazy trad Catholics...

Same here. I used to read WDTPRS and think Rorate was "too hardline."

How times have changed.