Fluoride
Flouride is a communist plot to destroy our children (well, your children).

I'm a naturalist, so I think water should be as natural as possible.
(04-27-2009, 06:14 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Flouride is a communist plot to destroy our children (well, your children).

Aye

Quote:I'm a naturalist, so I think water should be as natural as possible.

Me too, but without the little critters that you usually find in it, before purifying it.

(04-27-2009, 06:22 PM)Texican Wrote: Me too, but without the little critters that you usually find in it, before purifying it.

I mean the mineral composition. Most natrural drinking water is rather clean, it is humanity which messes it up.

Fluoride is indeed evil.  Last week I attended a 2-hour presentation by Dr. Paul Connett with the Fluoride Action Network.  It was amazing to find out all the ridiculous health defects that may be caused by fluoride.

A few items of interest:

The type of fluoride used in water fluoridation is not sodium fluoride (NaF), the kind used in toothpaste.  It is actually a waste product of phosphate manufacture, called hexafluorosilicic acid (H[sub]2[/sub]SiF[sub]6[/sub]).  It's against international law to dump it in the ocean, but it's perfectly legal to sell the junk and pump it into water supplies.  :shrug:

The standard amount of fluoride in water supplies is about 1 ppm (parts per million), which is 250 times the amount found in human breastmilk.

And then there are all sorts of studies showing or suggesting that fluoride may cause/contribute to:  hypoactive thyroid, pineal gland abnormalities, bone brittleness, osteoporosis, osteosarcoma, increased hip fractures, dental fluorisis, lowered IQ, etc.

I'm not drinking the stuff.  :huh-uh:
(04-27-2009, 05:53 PM)Texican Wrote: Flouride is evil.  When I mentioned to a dentist that we drank mostly bottled water, he said that we should drink tap water, as studies had shown that bottled water was no safer than water from the tap.  I replied that bottled water didn't have flouride in it.  He countered with, "But you want flouride in your water!"  I said, "No, I don't..."

Bottled water has huge amounts of chlorine in it, there is no regulation in many countries for a limit on chlorine in the water. I was in a water treatment plant recently and a guy in the lab told me that most bottled water has up to 600 times more chlorine in it than treated water from the tap. The taste is removed by feeding it through a large battery of filters.

I wouldn't drink bottled water if you payed me - at least with tap water there is regulations.
Is nothing safe?? I've got to stop reading these health threads...
Wow.  Strange bump.
it's still a current thread...
(04-28-2009, 01:54 PM)Melita Wrote: it's still a current thread...

New rule of the forum, threads older than 1 hour are considered dead.
(04-28-2009, 01:54 PM)Melita Wrote: it's still a current thread...

I think he meant this one

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33064350