John Paul I was definitely not murdered
(10-18-2012, 12:56 AM)Whitey Wrote: Wasn't JP1 the one who was going to clean house and boot the masons out of the curia ?

Well, either that, or allow contraception.  That opposite ends of the spectrum claim a motive to kill him, and given his advanced age, it seems fairly probable that he did in fact die of old age.  Many Popes had shorter Pontificates!
(10-17-2012, 06:21 PM)Scriptorium Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 06:02 PM)TS Aquinas Wrote: He was a Pope after Vatican II though, that's a canonization ipso facto.

So then you think the efforts collecting documents and interviews is just window dressing? If he was Pope for 33 days of his life, it stands to reason that the previous 66 years of his life would be a factor.

Certainly JPI was a pious and holy man, worthy to be shown as an exemple of virtues. But don't you think there are MUCH MORE popes who were worthy to be canonized before him, and they weren't (probably because the Devil's advocate took care).
Why such a haste? Didn't Joan of Ark wait for 400 years or so to be canonized?
The people in charge of the trial are jumping on the first purported and doubtful "miracle" to joint in the canonization package while thousands of true miracles are dismissed by the Lourdes medical commission. That is highly laughable.
Now that JPII abrogated the Devil's advocate job, the Vatican should take back and start again all the canonization trials which were unsuccessful since 20 centuries, or it should apologize to all these Popes.
(10-17-2012, 08:56 PM)DrBombay Wrote: And this begs the question.  Why do those in official positions even bother saying, "There was no conspiracy?"  I mean, what do they think is going to happen?  All the conspiracy theorists are going to hear that and say, "Well, an official spokesman just said there's no conspiracy.  So there must not be.  Time to move on with my life."   :eyeroll: :rofl:

Wouldn't it be possible that there was made a new conspiracy to eliminate the conspiracy-theorists?  :huh-uh:

Don't forget that this all happens in Italy, and even what is maybe impossible for God, still isn't in Italy...  :snake:
...or is that also a conspiracy thought..?  :drowning:
(10-18-2012, 07:17 AM)kingofspades Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 08:56 PM)DrBombay Wrote: And this begs the question.  Why do those in official positions even bother saying, "There was no conspiracy?"  I mean, what do they think is going to happen?  All the conspiracy theorists are going to hear that and say, "Well, an official spokesman just said there's no conspiracy.  So there must not be.  Time to move on with my life."   :eyeroll: :rofl:

Wouldn't it be possible that there was made a new conspiracy to eliminate the conspiracy-theorists?  :huh-uh:

Don't forget that this all happens in Italy, and even what is maybe impossible for God, still isn't in Italy...  :snake:
...or is that also a conspiracy thought..?  :drowning:

Instead of flatly asserting: "There is no conspiracy" they would have rather to refute the Yallop's book point by point.
That's like Bertone saying that there is no hidden part of the 3rd Secret when there are a lot of strong clues that point to it.
I remember when he died. I had a dream about it that very night. All the cardinals were dressed in their regalia and they were carrying him all laid out on a stretcher and they where marching him all around St. Peters. Then I woke up and heard it really happened.  :O Later on that day I realized my radio had been on while I was sleeping, so I must heard it in my dreams.  :LOL:
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(10-18-2012, 01:20 AM)TS Aquinas Wrote: He's only being considered beautification because he was a Pontiff of the immediate post Vatican II era, I thought that would be clear as day to you.

You said canonization, not consideration. Every Pope brings such light to their life that they have a much greater chance of having a cause begun. For all the "complaints" about the recent Popes, we have Bl Pius IX, St Pius X and Ven Pius XII before Vatican II. Also take into consideration the modern ability to document completely someone's life. There is much more awareness of people's actions. We know so much more about our popes than all previous generations put together. I think this is a contributing influence on the increased numbers of causes of popes and others.

(10-18-2012, 07:09 AM)maso Wrote: Certainly JPI was a pious and holy man, worthy to be shown as an exemple of virtues. But don't you think there are MUCH MORE popes who were worthy to be canonized before him, and they weren't (probably because the Devil's advocate took care).
Why such a haste? Didn't Joan of Ark wait for 400 years or so to be canonized?
The people in charge of the trial are jumping on the first purported and doubtful "miracle" to joint in the canonization package while thousands of true miracles are dismissed by the Lourdes medical commission. That is highly laughable.
Now that JPII abrogated the Devil's advocate job, the Vatican should take back and start again all the canonization trials which were unsuccessful since 20 centuries, or it should apologize to all these Popes.

Popular pressure has been an aspect of canonizations since the earliest days. If someone has a personal devotion and belief, and they want to put that cause up, I can't fault them. I don't necessarily see the virtue in waiting, as though the wait in canonization is some measure of the worthiness of the saint either in their favor or against it.
Who is JPI?
The Pope immediately after Paul VI and before John Paul II. His pontificate lasted 33 days before he died of apparently heart problems and old age.
However, many still he was murdered.
Michael Corleone had him poisoned.
(10-18-2012, 09:17 AM)Miles Christi Wrote: The Pope immediately after Paul VI and before John Paul II. His pontificate lasted 33 days before he died of apparently heart problems and old age.
However, many still he was murdered.
Thank you.
I know.
I was making a joke as to how short HH pontifficat lasted.