John Paul I was definitely not murdered
(10-18-2012, 12:56 AM)Whitey Wrote: Wasn't JP1 the one who was going to clean house and boot the masons out of the curia ?
That's what I am getting from reading Fr Villa's book on Paul VI.
http://padrepioandchiesaviva.com/Paul_VI...fied_.html
(10-16-2012, 05:53 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Let's just canonize J23, P6, JPI, JPII, and heck, even B16 while we're at it.

Let's canonize Pope Pius XII before we do any of the JohnnyPaul come-latelys;
(10-20-2012, 04:37 PM)Revixit Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 05:53 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Let's just canonize J23, P6, JPI, JPII, and heck, even B16 while we're at it.

His Beatification is in the cards, from what I heard.
(10-20-2012, 05:00 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(10-20-2012, 04:37 PM)Revixit Wrote:

His Beatification is in the cards, from what I heard.

Cool.  Then we can expect a slew of Blessed Pius XII High Schools, Blessed Pius XII Seminaries, Blessed Pius XII Parishes, Blessed Pius XII Cultural Centers, Blessed Pius XII Airports.  I can hardly wait.
(10-20-2012, 07:37 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Cool.  Then we can expect a slew of Blessed Pius XII High Schools, Blessed Pius XII Seminaries, Blessed Pius XII Parishes, Blessed Pius XII Cultural Centers, Blessed Pius XII Airports.  I can hardly wait.

Or "Blessed Pius IX, XII, John XXIII, Paul VI, John Paul I, John Paul II Catholic High School"
(10-18-2012, 08:09 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: I remember when he died. I had a dream about it that very night. All the cardinals were dressed in their regalia and they were carrying him all laid out on a stretcher and they where marching him all around St. Peters. Then I woke up and heard it really happened.  :O Later on that day I realized my radio had been on while I was sleeping, so I must heard it in my dreams.  :LOL:
I remember it because he (JP1) died the same day my older brother died in an accident.
(10-16-2012, 06:11 PM)verenaerin Wrote: This is ridiculous. Is there any historical precedence for this? With all the problems we have in the church, sure, lets spend time and money finding more people to canonize. What else is there to do?

If you're asking if there's historical precedent for tons of Popes to be canonized in a row, the answer is yes, there is. See http://www.fisheaters.com/popelist.html.
(10-21-2012, 04:49 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(10-16-2012, 06:11 PM)verenaerin Wrote: This is ridiculous. Is there any historical precedence for this? With all the problems we have in the church, sure, lets spend time and money finding more people to canonize. What else is there to do?

If you're asking if there's historical precedent for tons of Popes to be canonized in a row, the answer is yes, there is. See http://www.fisheaters.com/popelist.html.

There is a difference ,however , in the   precedence used to canonize the first fifty three (53)
popes of the early Church, the majority of whom were martyred and lived during a time of vehement persecution.