Indianapolis -- we have an Archbishop
Pope appoints archbishop Joe Tobin as head of Indianapolis archdiocese

http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/hom...dos-18973/

Thanks be to God!!!!

Anybody know details???/ Specially about Trad matters.
From all the things that I have heard and read on him, I am sorry to say that none of them are good.
comments over in Fr Z land have not been positive

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2012/10/sureprise...ianapolis/
Brick by brick!
And there are still people who think that Benedict is a friend of Tradition...
Whispers seems to be speculating that +Tobin will soon be on his way to Chicago and that Indy will be a stepping stone (my word).
(10-17-2012, 09:45 AM)Montgisard Wrote: And there are still people who think that Benedict is a friend of Tradition...

I've certainly noticed that people who used to be neo cons are now "trad," and their argument, contra even people like Michael Davies and the FSSP founders, is that the NO and VII are traditional. Trads are simply confused and/or full of bad will. They should have fully embraced the new springtime.

So, whereas conservative smells and bells people would hail Benedict XVI as the great trad restorer pope, these new "trads" say everything that happened these past 40-50 years is traditional.
(10-17-2012, 01:26 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(10-17-2012, 09:45 AM)Montgisard Wrote: And there are still people who think that Benedict is a friend of Tradition...

I've certainly noticed that people who used to be neo cons are now "trad," and their argument, contra even people like Michael Davies and the FSSP founders, is that the NO and VII are traditional. Trads are simply confused and/or full of bad will. They should have fully embraced the new springtime.

So, whereas conservative smells and bells people would hail Benedict XVI as the great trad restorer pope, these new "trads" say everything that happened these past 40-50 years is traditional.

You see, it is posts like this that convince me you don't understand the basic concept of the hermeneutic of continuity.  Since, you know, you are bashing at a strawman, or possible multiple different strawmen here.
I used to be all for the hermeneutic theory. Not anymore.
(10-17-2012, 03:09 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: I used to be all for the hermeneutic theory. Not anymore.

Yes, well, as I said, I am not convinced you understand the signification of the words, given your confused and jumbled earlier post.