Bp. Williamson's Expulsion from the SSPX Imminent - True Restoration
I would just say that most people, when they accept the sedevacantist understanding of things, if they are assisting at a chapel where the priest was ordained in the traditional rite, but by a bishop who was consecrated in the Paul VI Rite of Consecration, will probably end up leaving, at least in time.  That is a bigger reason to leave then the Una Cum issue, at least in my reckoning and experience.
  Things have not changed that much in the world if you take the Society's view.  The '83 Code is in force, New Mass said everywhere, sex ed in Catholic schools is rampant, VII taught in seminaries.  I do not hold the same exact view as them,  but they are correct in the understanding that the dioceses out there are not doing what the Catholic dioceses were doing before VII-imparting the Catholic faith.  Yes, I acknowledge that it was not perfect back then, but one could just about go to any Catholic church and get things done by the book.  You did not have to go outside your parish boundaries or even your diocesan boundaries to shop for the most conservative.  I have friends who do that to this day.  Forget about the pastor really getting to know his parishoners, which enabled him to keep a watchful eye if any of them were involved in illicit business practice, just for example.
  I think I said more than enough on this for now.

Joe
(10-17-2012, 10:17 PM)joe17 Wrote: Forget about the pastor really getting to know his parishoners, which enabled him to keep a watchful eye if any of them were involved in illicit business practice, just for example.

This died when the modern idea of transferring pastors came in. When I was a boy in the late 50s, early 60s, I knew priests who had been pastors of the  same parishes since the late 1920s! Now, rather than that being the rule, it's a radical exception. The only examples I know of in the last two or three decades are a couple of priests who were the only ones left who spoke the 'old country' language and were left in their ethnic parishes because no one else could talk to the old folks!
I know what you are saying Jovan.  It has gone out the window.  It certainly was a better system as a whole.  I knew of a priest who when ordained in 1932 was assigned to a parish as curate and then just 4 years later was made pastor.  He was there till at least 1996 or a little longer, and died thereafter.  Only one parish for his whole priesthood. 
  When I went there once in the mid-90's(still was going to the NO) he had maybe 12 people at 10am on Sunday.  The church down the road(short walk) seem fairly packed in comparison.  The priest spoke of how abortion was immoral and how the Boston Globe was anti-God and the such.  He seemed to be one who had kept his morality in check until the end.
  Yes, the ethnic pastors can still have this in their favor, so to speak.  There was one in my city(Poish) that had been there about 40 years, into the 90's.  I think he is still alive, but retired. 

Joe
(10-18-2012, 12:35 AM)joe17 Wrote: I know what you are saying Jovan.  It has gone out the window.  It certainly was a better system as a whole.  I knew of a priest who when ordained in 1932 was assigned to a parish as curate and then just 4 years later was made pastor.  He was there till at least 1996 or a little longer, and died thereafter.  Only one parish for his whole priesthood. 
  When I went there once in the mid-90's(still was going to the NO) he had maybe 12 people at 10am on Sunday.  The church down the road(short walk) seem fairly packed in comparison.  The priest spoke of how abortion was immoral and how the Boston Globe was anti-God and the such.  He seemed to be one who had kept his morality in check until the end.
  Yes, the ethnic pastors can still have this in their favor, so to speak.  There was one in my city(Poish) that had been there about 40 years, into the 90's.  I think he is still alive, but retired. 

Joe

Here is a bit about one of them I was privileged to know. At his death at 98, he was still the active pastor of his parish. His 'Vigil Mass' was at 6pm on Saturday, which was the only Mass I could attend on many weekends. When I asked him why the odd time, he told me, 'Well, I don't really like the idea of a Saturday evening Mass, but all the other pastors have theirs at 4pm, so I decided to hold mine later and get their offerings'! :LOL:

There are three or four posts on this link, I encourage you to read them all.

http://dustofthetime.blogspot.com/search?q=Mejak
(10-18-2012, 01:30 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-18-2012, 12:35 AM)joe17 Wrote: I know what you are saying Jovan.  It has gone out the window.  It certainly was a better system as a whole.  I knew of a priest who when ordained in 1932 was assigned to a parish as curate and then just 4 years later was made pastor.  He was there till at least 1996 or a little longer, and died thereafter.  Only one parish for his whole priesthood. 

Joe

Here is a bit about one of them I was privileged to know. At his death at 98, he was still the active pastor of his parish. His 'Vigil Mass' was at 6pm on Saturday, which was the only Mass I could attend on many weekends. When I asked him why the odd time, he told me, 'Well, I don't really like the idea of a Saturday evening Mass, but all the other pastors have theirs at 4pm, so I decided to hold mine later and get their offerings'! :LOL:

There are three or four posts on this link, I encourage you to read them all.

http://dustofthetime.blogspot.com/search?q=Mejak

R.I.P. :pray:
Just an add to my comment about transfers. In the 55 years between 1911 and 1966, the Parish (from 1947 Cathedral) of St Peter in Kansas City, KS had two pastors. In the ensuing 46 years, it has had eight!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral_o...26_Rectors
(10-18-2012, 01:58 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Just an add to my comment about transfers. In the 55 years between 1911 and 1966, the Parish (from 1947 Cathedral) of St Peter in Kansas City, KS had two pastors. In the ensuing 46 years, it has had eight!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathedral_o...26_Rectors

I agree. It also makes it difficult in these days to know where to go. A place may be good, then they get a new pastor and everything changes. And vice versa. I don't know what the benefits were supposed to be. How can you develop any relationship with your priest if he'll be shipped off? And how can the priest get to know his people?
Thanks for the link on Fr Mejak.  It sounds like he was a man in love with his priesthood, similiar to an old priest who I got to know well who died a couple of years before Fr M. He must have known most of his people pretty well, like a good father should.  I will pray for him and to him. 

Joe