BO or Mitt on Israel/Iran
For the moment BO seems to not be interested in being Israels lapdog regarding Iran if Romney is elected I am almost positive we will be at war with Iran within 6 months. What does everyone else think on this issue. I despise Obama but Romney has said over and over again that the US will stand by Israel i.e. fight Israels wars of aggression for them. In a second term do you think Obama will turn into the usual US political lackey for Israel or keep telling Bibi Yahoo to piss off and if Mittens is elected do you think war is a for sure deal?
I generally agree with your assessment. I think BO isn't as determined to get us into another war as Romney is. I think he's afraid to commit ground troops to a new conflict. Based on his advisors, handlers, and supporters, I don't think Romney is afraid, since they are the same people who got us into Afghanistan and Iraq. We could see ground troops in Syria AND Iran within the time frame you mentioned.

Also, I see BO as being more likely to have good relations with Russia (which I think should be a priority) than Mitt (who has already declared them our enemies). I was actually encouraged by the off-mic comment he made to Medvedev about having more flexibility to work with them on the missile shield question after re-election.
(10-17-2012, 05:08 PM)rbjmartin Wrote: I was actually encouraged by the off-mic comment he made to Medvedev about having more flexibility to work with them on the missile shield question after re-election.

Yeah, I can't remember the exact quote but during I think the last G8 Summit there was a live mic and BO and Zarkosy of France were talking and Szarkosy( I have no clue how to spell this obviously) was mentioning Israel being annoying and BO said something like "tell me about it I have to deal with them everyday".  lol
"Ground troops in Syria and Iran". Why not. We've already got them on the ground in Jordan. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned. If Habitual Ritual was still with us he would have been all over it.
Yeah with Romney there will be more war without a doubt.  Harper in Canada is a Zionist lap dog too, so he'd probably commit Canadian troops.  Russia and China have said they'd support Iran so it could turn into WWIII.  I'm not sure if Obama would ever commit to leading a strike against Iran for Israel.  So if your major reason to vote in this election is the threat of more war I think Obama would be the safer bet.  Or don't vote.
Let's see... WWI Woodrow Wilson-Democrat, WWII FDR-Democrat, Korea Truman-Democrat, Vietnam JFK/LBJ-Democrat. Yeah, I'd feel better with a Democrat in the White House!
Bush gets a pass?
(10-23-2012, 09:40 AM)Starry Plough Wrote: Bush gets a pass?

You missed the point. Stand in the corner!
Dunce
(10-23-2012, 09:40 AM)Starry Plough Wrote: Bush gets a pass?

He was just continuing the plan set forth in the Iraq Liberation Act signed by Clinton. Its opening blows were Operation Desert Fox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_...er_1998%29

While the Act itself didn't involve use of US forces, the initial plan was to do it with funding opposition groups. This failed and we entered into plan B-- troops on ground.