Malachi Martin under fire again
(10-21-2012, 12:16 PM)Might_4_Right Wrote:
(10-21-2012, 02:01 AM)maldon Wrote: Thank you, Might 4 Right. That's what I am talking about. Quite a text.

:tiphat:

That's the only Malachi Martin I ever "knew."  And his novels are darn good to boot!
Did he ever write that "guide for the perplexed" that he mentioned at the end?
By the way, if anyone is interested, you can see Malachi Martin as a guest interviewer posing questions to Michael Davids and another Priest as guests on Firing Line.  You can stream it on Amazon for a buck or two, just search "firing line, Michael Davies" or something.
(10-20-2012, 03:13 PM)Tim Wrote: Maldon, I refrained for that very reason. We are not arguing the same things. Perhaps he was a jewish spy operative funded by mossad, the cia, mi6, mi5, whitehall, the nytimes, the adl, and the jerusalem post, but in the latter part of his life he was a good priest, and gave us some good understanding of what was going on.

tim

This is the crux of the matter.  Unless Fr. Martin was a straight deceiver, he was a trad priest and exorcist during the last period of his life.  Even if these claims are true (and they probably are not), is he not capable of repentance and conversion?

By the same logic, we should throw out Augustine's works as well.

I have listened to, I think, every radio interview Fr. Martin did, most more than once or twice; I've read several of his books.  The impression I ALWAYS got was that Fr. Martin was an extremely kind, humble, seriously devout, and joyful man. 
  While it is true MM made wild claims,  remember the  murder of a religious sister with all these Satanic symbolism in it.  Fr. Jeffery Grob  examined her body, crime scene evidence,  and later testified at the trial of her suspected murderer.  Fr.  Martin made wild accusations but there is some truth to his claims.

I am not a conspiracy buff but if you don't think Satan is actively  trying to kill the Church then  I ask you to look around you.  Satan tempts people and some people are clergy.  You don't need a group of conspirators.  You just need a Church that doesn't pray or be active in the Church. 

And  I hope that everyone votes in the upcoming election because  Satan is going to influence people.  Remember one candidate is the most pro-abortion & anti-Catholic president we ever had. 

Want to perform an exorcism of sorts?

Make the better choice.

Pax,
  Miltaris Christi

(10-22-2012, 07:04 PM)Walty Wrote: This is the crux of the matter.  Unless Fr. Martin was a straight deceiver, he was a trad priest and exorcist during the last period of his life.  Even if these claims are true (and they probably are not), is he not capable of repentance and conversion?

But, St Augustine left us in no doubt that he did indeed repent. I think if the allegations are true and he had repented then he would have done far more good by 'coming out' publicly and providing an insight into how the Second Vatican Council became the cover for attacks on perennial Catholic teaching.
(10-23-2012, 04:53 AM)Scotus Wrote:
(10-22-2012, 07:04 PM)Walty Wrote: This is the crux of the matter.  Unless Fr. Martin was a straight deceiver, he was a trad priest and exorcist during the last period of his life.  Even if these claims are true (and they probably are not), is he not capable of repentance and conversion?

But, St Augustine left us in no doubt that he did indeed repent. I think if the allegations are true and he had repented then he would have done far more good by 'coming out' publicly and providing an insight into how the Second Vatican Council became the cover for attacks on perennial Catholic teaching.

He did come out and give us all sorts of specific information about what is going on in the Church, the infiltration, the errors of modern theology, what is happening with global government, what is happening with demonic activity around the world, the importance of Fatima, etc.
Fr Malachi Martin was the personal secretary of Card. Bea so far as I know.
Cardinal Bea was jew and modernist and Fr Martin certainly could envision all what was going on before and during the Council since he had first hand infos..
In addition, he knew the exact content of the Third Secret.
Then it is easy to undertand which was Fr Martin's state of mind in these times and the very reason why he asked the Pope to be released from his vows.