My in-depth series on the Sarum Mass
(10-21-2012, 09:36 PM)MRose Wrote: There liking the Novus Ordo has a lot to do with Ordinariate politics. The Ordinariates, at least their seed, came from the TAC crowd, but when things really started happening, the FiF crowd got the influence and thus mostly those clergy came over. They were, by and large, already using the Novus Ordo as Anglicans. Which makes their whole Patrimony thing a bit hollow-sounding...

Oh, okay. I didn't know that.

I do know that the Anglican Ordinariate in the US has been one massive snafu. I'm a member of the first of the Anglican Use parishes, which alone has a membership roll many times larger than the entire US Ordinariate. Announcements were made every week on the development of the Ordinariate for something like a year before it was established... and then when it was, they decided not to apply to join, and remain instead within the diocese. The reason was, so I gather, because the new Ordinary is hostile to things like the 1962 Mass or even getting the Anglican Missal approved for use.

I also think it's scandalous that the Ordinary hasn't even been Catholic as long as I have, and that Anglican Use priests with 20+ years of service in communion with Rome were passed over for the position.

(10-21-2012, 09:25 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: HK, I think you need to drop these plans for Matrimony, move to England, become a priest, and restore Sarum!

Ah, mm.... I can't say I care quite that much about the Sarum Use. But if I were a priest, I'd have no scruples with celebrating the Sarum Use even in America. We already have every other kind of Mass anyway.
Harlequin King , God is using you to bring the Sarum Use back to your parish in Texas :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
(10-21-2012, 10:07 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(10-21-2012, 09:36 PM)MRose Wrote: There liking the Novus Ordo has a lot to do with Ordinariate politics. The Ordinariates, at least their seed, came from the TAC crowd, but when things really started happening, the FiF crowd got the influence and thus mostly those clergy came over. They were, by and large, already using the Novus Ordo as Anglicans. Which makes their whole Patrimony thing a bit hollow-sounding...

Oh, okay. I didn't know that.

I do know that the Anglican Ordinariate in the US has been one massive snafu. I'm a member of the first of the Anglican Use parishes, which alone has a membership roll many times larger than the entire US Ordinariate. Announcements were made every week on the development of the Ordinariate for something like a year before it was established... and then when it was, they decided not to apply to join, and remain instead within the diocese. The reason was, so I gather, because the new Ordinary is hostile to things like the 1962 Mass or even getting the Anglican Missal approved for use.

I also think it's scandalous that the Ordinary hasn't even been Catholic as long as I have, and that Anglican Use priests with 20+ years of service in communion with Rome were passed over for the position.

(10-21-2012, 09:25 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: HK, I think you need to drop these plans for Matrimony, move to England, become a priest, and restore Sarum!

Ah, mm.... I can't say I care quite that much about the Sarum Use. But if I were a priest, I'd have no scruples with celebrating the Sarum Use even in America. We already have every other kind of Mass anyway.

I think another big part of the issue with your parish is that many people within are cradle Catholics, and thus ineligible to be members of the Ordinariate.  It's complicated.

The Anglo-Catholics coming over from the Church of England had adopted the NO to show their loyalty to the Pope, and now that they are actually Catholic are adopting a more Anglican-y ceremony.

Anglicans are weird.  :Hmm: