Benedict XVI wears the fanon
Indeed.  The reason Catholic Churches are no longer beautiful is because, as Judas said, the money spent on them was an affront to the poor.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(10-21-2012, 08:44 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(10-21-2012, 03:20 PM)LoyalVIews Wrote: It has been suggested that he is bringing things back bit by bit. Perhaps this is another step in the ladder? Maybe he has a plan, we can't read his mind.

His bishop appointments have been pretty crappy lately. 

Brick by brick, of course.  Put on an old vestment, say something pretty in Latin, praise heretics, say the NO, appoint crappy bishops.

Sounds typical.

It's all part of the "Marshall Plan." Remember, Benedict XVI gets it. He's the pope of Christian Unity.
(10-21-2012, 07:07 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(10-21-2012, 04:26 PM)Adelbrecht Wrote:
(10-21-2012, 03:40 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: Pope Benedict was given a tiara as a gift from Catholic and Orthodox Christians last year. He hasn't used it:

[Image: OR110525121416_111333.JPG] [Image: tiara-300x199.jpg]
A serious waste of money, honestly. There are a lot of tiaras in the papal collection, and the money could've been better spent for parishes or aid for the poor.

John 12:6 Wrote:Now he said this, not because he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief...

:tiphat:

Excellent, Doc.
(10-22-2012, 01:06 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(10-21-2012, 03:20 PM)LoyalVIews Wrote: It has been suggested that he is bringing things back bit by bit. Perhaps this is another step in the ladder? Maybe he has a plan, we can't read his mind.

Brick by brick, of course.  Put on an old vestment, say something pretty in Latin, praise heretics, say the NO, appoint crappy bishops.

Sounds typical.

It's all part of the "Marshall Plan." Remember, Benedict XVI gets it. He's the pope of Christian Unity.

Yes, yes, he gets it.  He really does.

Probably because he helped write the tripe at the Council.
(10-22-2012, 02:07 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(10-22-2012, 01:06 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:

Sounds typical.

Yes, yes, he gets it.  He really does.

Probably because he helped write the tripe at the Council.

But he was the author of the conservative (read: moderately modernist) Communio, and not the radically modernist Concillium. As Hans Urs von Balthasar said:
Hans Urs von Balthasar, "Viaggio nel Postconcilio", interview with Angelo Scola, 30 Giorni, November 1985, p. 16. Wrote:Ratzinger has always been for an advanced position and openness.

I have known him for a long time, since he was a professor, and I can assure you that he did not change.

Everyone says the opposite, that there are two Ratzingers: one before he came to Rome, and a different one later.

To the contrary, he has always remained the same!
(10-22-2012, 02:18 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: But he was the author of the conservative (read: moderately modernist) Communio, and not the radically modernist Concillium. As Hans Urs von Balthasar said:

Could you tell me--without looking it up--who the editor of the American edition of Communio is?
(10-21-2012, 02:28 PM)TeaGuyTom Wrote: In addition, Rorate Caeli is also reporting that it resembled (not entirely though) the traditional rite of canonization.
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2012/10...-back.html

Thank you.
(10-22-2012, 02:23 AM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:
(10-22-2012, 02:18 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: But he was the author of the conservative (read: moderately modernist) Communio, and not the radically modernist Concillium. As Hans Urs von Balthasar said:

Could you tell me--without looking it up--who the editor of the American edition of Communio is?

I don't know the periodical's recent history.
(10-22-2012, 02:32 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:

I just wonder if you aren't being a bit rash in your judgment here.
(10-22-2012, 02:38 AM)Crusading Philologist Wrote:
(10-22-2012, 02:32 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:

I just wonder if you aren't being a bit rash in your judgment here.

If you want to correct me, please feel free to do so, and if the evidence is compelling, I'll retract what I said and apologize.