Benedict XVI wears the fanon
(10-21-2012, 08:44 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Also, why are rumors and speculation OK when it's OK for the Pope, but bad when it's bad for the Pope (I'm thinking Pope Paul VI's rumored homosexuality).

Charity, avoiding gossip / detraction.
(10-21-2012, 07:16 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: I'll get excited when he starts teaching the Catholic Faith.

Watch your mouth you little cretin.  You are speaking of the Bishop of Rome, the Vicar of Christ on earth.
(10-22-2012, 09:43 AM)City Smurf Wrote:
(10-21-2012, 07:16 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote: I'll get excited when he starts teaching the Catholic Faith.

Watch your mouth you little cretin.  You are speaking of the Bishop of Rome, the Vicar of Christ on earth.

Unecessary. It's possible to give correction more charitably.
(10-22-2012, 09:49 AM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: Unecessary. It's possible to give correction more charitably.

A sharp rebuke is sometimes necessary.
(10-22-2012, 10:04 AM)City Smurf Wrote:
(10-22-2012, 09:49 AM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: Unecessary. It's possible to give correction more charitably.

A sharp rebuke is sometimes necessary.

Be carefuly you don't justify what is really a slavery to a passion (anger).  From everything I know about His Holiness, it is very unlikly he would ask any of us to respond in his defense by saying "Watch your mouth you little cretin."
Go easy on him, NYC. "Manly disgust" is something to be cherished.
(10-22-2012, 01:33 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: Go easy on him, NYC. "Manly disgust" is something to be cherished.

People need to place communicating the truth before venting their feelings.  It feels good to blast people with angry words.  I'm a choleric.  I get that.  But in most cases all it accomplishes is making me feel good.  Helping others to understand the truth and persuading them to right action are more important than how I feel.
(10-22-2012, 01:47 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(10-22-2012, 01:33 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: Go easy on him, NYC. "Manly disgust" is something to be cherished.

People need to place communicating the truth before venting their feelings.  It feels good to blast people with angry words.  I'm a choleric.  I get that.  But in most cases all it accomplishes is making me feel good.  Helping others to understand the truth and persuading them to right action are more important than how I feel.

I didn't say it was an adequate locution. I just said go easy on him.

Good answer.  You calling me names rather than challenge the substance speaks for itself.  I guess however if you like to praise traditional clothing on Karl Rahner's doctrine be my guest.  As for me I'm all set.
(10-22-2012, 10:28 PM)NorthernTrad Wrote:

Good answer.  You calling me names rather than challenge the substance speaks for itself.   I guess however if you like to praise traditional clothing on Karl Rahner's doctrine be my guest.  As for me I'm all set.

Your comment suggests that you need further study of theology.