Anglican Use Marriage
(10-25-2012, 06:34 PM)MRose Wrote: To clarify, the priest wears a cope for the Mass of the Catecumens? I thought copes were for blessings and processionals, and not for Mass, and that such is one of the problematic novelties of, for example, part of the Pian Holy Week?

Correct. I'm not saying it's the ideal practice, but I believe their rationale is in emphasizing the chasuble as "the sacrificial vestment" by having it worn only from the Offertory to after the ablutions at high Mass; at low Mass, the chasuble is worn throughout.
Thanks for the responses! The Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter put these pictures up on their Facebook page. Here are the rest
[Image: 185171_366165543472299_1751924251_n.jpg]
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.366165410138979.91707.207712205984301&type=1
I didn't know about the stole thing, that's cool. I don't think father did that at our TLM wedding, though. Too bad.
I didn't think the comment on the immodesty of the dress was that relevant at first, but seeing the second picture I feel differently ... it's really distracting. That's not a dress for church.
(10-26-2012, 11:11 AM)newyorkcatholic Wrote: I didn't think the comment on the immodesty of the dress was that relevant at first, but seeing the second picture I feel differently ... it's really distracting. That's not a dress for church.
Yeah. I was not trying to nit-pick, it was just especially bad. I would suggest that it is not a dress for anywhere, really.
(10-26-2012, 01:18 AM)CatholicLife Wrote: Thanks for the responses! The Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter put these pictures up on their Facebook page. Here are the rest
[Image: 185171_366165543472299_1751924251_n.jpg]
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.366165410138979.91707.207712205984301&type=1
Maniple!!
(10-26-2012, 10:18 AM)Richard C Wrote: I didn't know about the stole thing, that's cool. I don't think father did that at our TLM wedding, though. Too bad.

Ah, yeah. There are a number of wedding customs that probably go undone if they're not specially requested simply because they're not mentioned in the rubrics. My favorite is the one described on the FishEaters page on Matrimony:

Quote:Another method of placing the ring on the bride's finger is to slide it onto the thumb while saying "In the Name of the Father," then onto the index finger while saying, "and of the Son," and onto the middle finger while saying "and of the Holy Ghost," then finally onto the ring finger while saying "Amen.
(10-26-2012, 08:30 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 10:18 AM)Richard C Wrote: I didn't know about the stole thing, that's cool. I don't think father did that at our TLM wedding, though. Too bad.

Ah, yeah. There are a number of wedding customs that probably go undone if they're not specially requested simply because they're not mentioned in the rubrics. My favorite is the one described on the FishEaters page on Matrimony:

Quote:Another method of placing the ring on the bride's finger is to slide it onto the thumb while saying "In the Name of the Father," then onto the index finger while saying, "and of the Son," and onto the middle finger while saying "and of the Holy Ghost," then finally onto the ring finger while saying "Amen.

In the Latin Rite, how is the marriage validation performed? do they need rings too? Can there also be a nuptial Mass?

My bride and I did this, and we were married in the Novus Ordo.

(10-27-2012, 08:42 AM)Filipino Catholic Wrote:

In the Latin Rite, how is the marriage validation performed? do they need rings too? Can there also be a nuptial Mass?
In the Traditional Latin Rite, the Sacrament of Matrimony occurs immediately prior to the Nuptial Mass, if there will be a Mass. There can be a Nuptial Mass, but it is not necessary. After a brief questioning by the Priest, the Husband and then Bride make their vows, which are then acknowledge and confirmed by the Priest. This whole action is the Form of the Sacrament. In Latin Catholic theology, it is understood that the Spouses confer the Sacrament. The Rite stipulates that the Bride receives a ring, but I think it is normal these days for the Husband to also receive a ring.

Here is a link to the text, in both Latin and English: http://www.sanctamissa.org/en/resources/...-rite.html